5

You weren't excited to go home. You had spent the last few days with Spencer, and you wanted to give the man a breather.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay over at my place? There's this new documentary out about mantis shrimps that I've heard good reviews on. I was thinking of watching it tonight." Spencer asked, following you to your car.

"No I should go home and deal with-um." You squinted your eyes to think.

"Chris," Spencer smirked.

"Yeah, Chris. I also want to try out that piano."

"You should, you're good at it."

"I haven't played since I was in my high school's band." You stood next to the door, clicking the button to unlock it.

"I guess I'll have to ask Morgan then." Spencer squinted in the sun, watching Derek leave the building.

"Something tells me he doesn't find mantis shrimps as fascinating as you and I." You commented.

"I'll see you tomorrow then?" Spencer asked.

"Bright and early."

"And you remember the addresses I gave you?"

You held up your phone.
"Wrote them down."

"Good. Drive safe."

You reached out and pulled him into a quick hug.

"I will. Bye Spence."
************************************************************************
You stood at your entryway, hanging up your coat while you took everything in again. You still couldn't believe you owned all of this and had a rewritten history to go along with it.

There was still an entire second floor that you hadn't seen.

You trailed up the banister to the second floor. The first door you now knew was the bedroom, that left 3 more doors. You tried the next door over and opened it to reveal a bathroom. Of course, the bathroom was luxurious with a bathtub that reminded you of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. The next door over was a guest room, although it looked like it didn't have much use and was being used as an art and yoga studio. The next room was your favorite. Rows and columns of shelves full of books lined the walls your heart beat raced as you walked, running your fingertips along the spines of the books. A desk and computer sat at the end of the room, which you assumed was used when you worked from home.

There was a cozy nook with a sofa and chairs against another wall and all you wanted to do was curl up and read a book. This was definitely your favorite room of the house.

You chose a random book and sat down to read, getting cosy with a throw blanket and pillow. You must have lost track of time because, when you turned around to look out the window, the sun had gone down.

You left the room, wanting to explore more, but you walked into something.

"Y/N. You're, home. How was work?"

"Chris, hey. Work was good." You replied, inching around him.

"You didn't tell me you were leaving on a case."

"I didn't. I'm sorry." You faked sincerity, trying your best to avoid the stranger.

"You haven't seemed like yourself lately is everything alright?"

"Yeah, great. Everything is great."

"Were you actually on a case, or were you at Spencer's again?" He frowned.

"I was on a case Chris. I just forgot to tell you."

"You've been forgetting a lot lately."

Well there is a good reason for that.
"I know, I'm sorry."