1️⃣9️⃣

𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒r Ninteen
-𝑁𝑜𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑠 𝑖𝑚𝑝𝑜𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑏𝑙𝑒, 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑜𝑟𝑑 𝑖𝑡𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑓 𝑠𝑎𝑦𝑠 "𝐼𝑚 𝑝𝑜𝑠𝑠𝑖𝑏𝑙𝑒-

-------------------------------------------------

16 years old

"Sophomore Year Bitch!!" I yelled to everyone in the crowd at the party. Everyone started cheering, and I left the room with a sigh. As I was leaving to find Amelia, I collided with the wall. "Missed me." I turned to the annoying voice and got close, as if I was going to kiss her. I watched her eyes widen. "No, not even a little bit." I replied.

Diara rolled her eyes, "you've been talking to me more often. I'm starting to think you like me," I said dramatically. "You would be the last person I'd ever have feelings for," she squinted at me. She whispered harshly and took a step back, but I also took a step forward. I tilted my head to the side, genuinely confused. "Why were you suddenly so serious? You don't really like me, do you?" I asked, pissing her off even more. In the corner of my eye, I could see Amelia talking to someone. She turned to me and winked.

"Enlighten me, Rue. How come I've never heard about your parents or even seen them?" They don't come to your basketball games, don't support any awards that you've made... oh wait, I bet you don't even have parents? " She stared at me, waiting for me to say something. I gulped and my breath wavered. I looked down at my shoes and unwanted tears filled my eyes. "What, no snarky comments." I looked up at her, perusing my lips together. Her smile faltered at seeing my face, but I could care less if she felt bad now. I stepped forward with my fist balled up, but I was pushed back.

"Rue! Go in there! " Amelia shouted at me, pointing at the room behind me, but I kept a cold glare at Diara, who started walking away. "Rue, please go," Amelia begged, and I turned around, slamming the door. I was in a random ass person's bedroom trying not to punch a whole in the wall.

Third Person

"What the Fuck is your problem!!" Amelia yelled and the anger dripped from her voice. Diara sat there nonchalant, she felt bad for what she had said but she was worried about that at the moment. Diara had fallen into the deep whole she always ended up in but this time all she could do was blame herself. A tear ran down her face as she heard the hate in Amelia's voice, the person she loved.

Amelia stood behind her with her fist balled up. "Do you know the shit she goes through, and you just made it worse?" she gritted through her teeth. Diara sighed, tired of hearing her speak. "She had to go home to an abusive alcoholic father, then go to school, her only safe place, and deal with you every-single-day D" Amelia said, then Diara jumped up, angry.

She got in her face, annoyed, while tears ran down her face, "No! Amelia, you don't get to fucking call me that because we aren't friends because YOU pushed me away." Amelia pushed her back away from her, "You're the one who stopped speaking to me. You even spread childish rumors about me to hurt me!" She yelled back. Diara shook her head and wiped her face. You're unbelievable. Do you know why I stopped speaking to you, Amelia? Because you left me behind. When Y/n came, you completely stopped speaking to me. It was like I had slowly become a stranger to you. You keep talking about what she goes home to, but what about me? Or did you forget about that too!"

Amelia stood there listening to everything she said. Diara looked so frustrated and worn out. "Look at me and tell me you didn't know I had feelings for you. Tell me you didn't see the way I looked at you or the way I would drop anything for you. But the very second Rue came, you dropped me." She continued, "and you gave me such false hope. You would entertain all my flirting, but only if you knew how much I had fallen for you. But the thing that hurts most is knowing the person I've loved for years won't ever love me back and I blame myself, not you, because I was such a fool to believe you would all of a sudden come to me and love me back, but really, instead of telling me you won't love me back, you left me and I was left with nothing, no family, and most importantly, not my best fucking friend."

She took a deep breath. "Look, I'm sorry for hurting Rue It just came out. I've gotten to know her, or at least a little bit, and now I understand why you fell for her, but I just wish that you could love me the way you love her. " Diara gave her a sad glare and walked away.

Rue POV

My head was filled with so many thoughts that it hurt to think. I dropped my head, I rarely ever cry, but just thinking about my family that I haven't seen in four years. They probably thought I was dead or had forgotten about me. I didn't cry, but I stood there feeling nothing. The door opened, but I kept my eyes closed, praying that whoever it was would just leave me alone. I felt a soft hand grab mine, when I opened my eyes it was Amelia looking at me with a sad smile. "Are you okay?" I could hear the caution in her voice. I hated that she knew to be careful with my anger, but I was grateful for it.

"I just want to be alone at the moment," I said, pulling my hand away from her. She looked hurt but shook her head. "You know why I can't leave you alone while you're angry, Rue," she said with a sigh. I nodded my head, "yeah, because I'm on watch." I could see her frustration. She tried not to let me see it. She grabbed my hand again, "You know that's not why-" I pulled my arm back again. more aggressive this time. "Just leave!" She slowly pulled her hand back. I closed my eyes and threw my head back disappointedly, for yelling at her. I sighed, "I'm sorry," I said with my eyes still closed, raking my hand through my hair.

I heard her footsteps come closer and felt her soft hands on my face. There was silence and I think she was expecting me to open my eyes. Gently, she pressed her soft lips against mine, and she lingered there for a second before pulling away. I opened my eyes and she then wrapped her arms around my body, and I melted into her touch and wrapped my arms back around her.

Several days had passed and Diara had gotten less annoying, but still equally aggravating. Today our French teacher assigned a project, and ironically, my partner was Satan herself. I walked up to her locker and she pulled her books out. "My house or yours?" I asked impatiently. She glanced at me, then back at her locker. "There's no way you're coming to my house, so yours, give me your number," she replied. I took her phone and looked up at her when I felt her staring at me. She looked away, and snorted. She called my number, saving it, and I texted her my address. "Oh and Diara, try not to choke up when singing this time alright," three girls said as they passed us. I looked at her confused while she just ignored them.

She looked at me and rolled her eyes, "Why are you still standing next to me."