3️⃣6️⃣

Maya 5
Kayla/Kobe 4

𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑡ℎ𝑖𝑟𝑡𝑦 𝑠𝑖𝑥
-𝑆𝑡𝑟𝑖𝑣𝑒 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑔𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑡𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑠-

—————————————————————

2 years later

    It was about 7:30 so I put Kayla and Maya in the tub while Kobe was trying to get dressed on his own. We were all going out to eat at a restaurant, then dropping them off at Casey's house.

     "Makayla and Maya!" I shouted, moving the wet clothes off the bathroom floor. I heard a bunch of giggles and footsteps getting closer. "Yes, Daddy," Maya asked quietly, while Kayla stood off to the side looking at me impatiently. Kayla was always the one testing my patients, while Maya was the sensitive one they protected. "What did I tell you two would happen next time if you got water all over the floor and left your clothes around?" I asked, annoyed. Maya looked down, picking at her lip, and Makayla tried not to do the same. Kayla said, looking to the side. "You said that we wouldn't be able to get in the tub together anymore because we always get water everywhere." I nodded and put their clothes in the hamper. "You've got one more chance, and this is the guest bathroom, so stop dirtying it up."

     I sighed when Maya looked like she was on the verge of tears. She hated it when I raised my voice at her, "mama, you have no reason to cry, come here." Maya was five and Kayla was four, but Jalessa and I did raise them to be well spoken. At the end of the day, they're still kids with growing emotions, especially Maya. I bent down and lifted her up, "don't cry, alright, just don't do it again. You want a kiss." She smiled and nodded. I started kissing all over her face and gave one last peck on her forehead while she laughed. I put her back down and she ran off.

     "You want one too?" I asked Makayla as she stood there with her arms crossed, looking down. "No," she muttered. I kept my gaze on her, waiting. She looked up and sighed, "yes." I scoffed and opened my arms, and she ran into me. "Stop tryna act like a hard ass. You're not growing up anytime soon." I did the same thing I did to Maya, then spun her around. She smiled and I put her down, "Now go to your room, now where that bad ass boy at." I whispered the last part to myself. I walked to his room, "Kobe, you ready?" I asked, knocking on the door, because he liked his "privacy." I heard him walking to the door. "Yes, I'm weady," he said softly when he opened the door. He couldn't pronounce his R's. I looked down at his shirt that was backwards and his chain was all tangled up inside his shirt.

     I shook my head, smiling, "Come here papa." I lifted him up and sat him down on his bed. I shook my head looking at his room, dinosaurs god damn everywhere. I pulled his shirt off, straightened it out, and took off his chain. All of them had necklaces with each other's names. "Boy, how did you do this?" I said, squinting my eyes at the thin metal.

     He sighed, shaking his head, "m-me and cowy was playing and he was jumping on me so, so h-he made me tangle it up." He explained, then shook his head again, throwing his hands up dramatically. I laughed and placed the shirt back over his head. I gave him a condensed version of what I had said. He nodded his head, looking at me. At this point, Cory, the dog I got for Jalessa, wasn't even hers anymore. Kobe played with Cory and Milo 24/7.

     After tying his shoes and putting his chain back on. I moved his hair around. "Daddy, can I get Dowitos?" he asked, playing in his hair. I nodded, "go ask Mama to give you some." He stood up and took off running.