2️⃣9️⃣

𝐶𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑇𝑤𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑦 𝑁𝑖𝑛𝑒
-𝐻𝑎𝑡𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑠 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑚 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑖𝑑𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛, 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒𝑠 𝑓𝑟𝑜𝑚 𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑟𝑒𝑐𝑖𝑎𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛-

————————————————————

     I walked into the hospital, pushing the door open. I walked past the lady at the front desk, by the way, she continued to chew her gum. I'm sure she didn't care. Once I got to the room, I walked in and saw everyone here. Marcus's parents and brother, my parents, Gina and Isaiah, and Casey and Jalessa. Everything got quiet once I walked in. Marcus looked at me and I could see his tired and damp look in his eyes. He gave me a slight smile. I looked at Tina and she nodded. "Come on y'all, let's give them a minute," she said, standing up from the side of his bed. They all walked past me out the door, but when Jalessa passed me, she brought her hand up to the side of my face and pecked my cheek.

     I took a step closer to him and stood there, I didn't really know what to do; everything was blank."Damn nigga, you gon na stare at me or what, give a nigga a hug or something," he rasped. I licked my lips, looking down, and smiled. "You're still annoying as shit", I chuckled dryly. When I got to the side of his bed, I shook my head and asked quietly, "Who did this to you, man?" All of a sudden, his face got serious. He looked off to the side, gulping angrily, "You remember Red." I put my hand on my head, turning around, "that old ass nigga is still alive." I wanted to punch something but didn't. I turned back to him, "What the hell did y'all get into that he shot you? It must be deep if he did it himself." I kept my face hard.

    He shook his head, "down at the trap house, I embarrassed him in front of those old niggas. He tried to get me to lose, so I'd owe him money, and I mean a lot of money. But I won, and I admit I was being cocky, and that only made him angry. " "What the fuck were you even doing down there with him! And then you played him in front of the people. He acted like were gods or some shit!" I shook my head. "Damn Y/n! I didn't know he'd try to kill me over losing a fucking game!" He yelled. I took a deep breath and sat down. "Ight Marcus, but I-" We both looked at the door as two officers stepped in. He glanced at me, and I looked back at the cops. They looked at us then just at Marcus, "where just here to ask Mr. Whitford a few questions about the shooting."

     "I don't know what happened. I walked down the street and then I was shot." He kept it simple, not even looking at them. They looked at each other and the offer sighed, most likely expecting that. "Can we just ask these questions and by the end we'll be gone until we get something figured out." The woman said, glancing at her partner, and he nodded. Marcus nodded as well, and I stood up to leave.

     I could tell Jalessa was mad, but I didn't know why. The only reason why she wasn't showing it was because of the situation we were in. I mean, everyone was just happy Marcus was awake and she most likely stayed quiet to not to ruin the moment. I kept glancing at her, and I'm sure she noticed.

     Jalessa sat across from me in the hallway next to Casey. I sighed and stood up, but sat back down when Tay called me. He was asleep next to me, "You good?" I asked him. He nodded with a small smile. "I'm just glad he's okay. When he woke up, I was there. He opened his eyes and I just stared at him, not knowing what to do and I just.." he shrugged, "I just started crying. I mean, I still felt like a pussy afterwards, but-" I laughed, cutting him off, "you shouldn't feel like a pussy for expressing your emotions." I looked at him and he nodded. Then his eyebrows furrowed. "Why did you get here so late?" he asked. I looked down at my watch. It was 3:34 and I got here at about 2:40. "When did y'all get here?" I turned to him confused. "He had woken up at like 12 something," he said nonchalantly. I sat up and looked at Jalessa. Why the hell did she call me so late.

     I walked up to her, tired of this ignoring shit. I didn't even ask. I just grabbed her hand and pulled her down the hallway. "Y/n, what are you doing?" she whispered, not wanting our nosy family to hear. I continued walking until I found a private bathroom. "Can you stop ignoring me and being all mean and shit?" I sighed, licking my lips and sliding my hands down my face. "Wow, stop being mean," she laughed sarcastically. I knew she was most likely mad about how I handled last night when I left, angry. I sighed, closing my eyes. "Why can't you just let this shit go?" I mumbled.

     "Are you fucking kidding me? Let it go, Y/n?" Jalessa shook her head. I ran my hands down my face and said, "I was just angry and I didn't want to be in this house, so I left." I said, trying to reason with her. She looked at me, and I knew I was on thin ice. "I said one fucking thing and what I said was the truth. He's just a friend, but you have a reason to be mad about that situation, but that isn't why you stormed out." She rolled her eyes. "Someone pissed you the fuck off, and instead of dealing with it like an adult, you decided to push your shit on me," I sighed, looking away as she took a step towards me. I asked you if you were okay, but all you fucking wanted to do was get your emotions out sexually, and you know damn well I'm not with that." Oh my god! The thing that set me off was her!

"But I-" I started, but she cut me off."

     -And! on top of that, storming off because I told you fucking No! You went to your ex's house to piss me off. Is she even an ex, or was she one of your hoes that would do anything to be with you. I'm sure she wouldn't give a damn if you had kids or a girl, right? And I bet she probably tried something. Damn! I wish I could just fucking kill you right now!" "Jalessa I know I fucked up, but that's not what happe-"

"Shut up! Y/n!" she shouted.

I sighed, "Stop yelling."

     "Y/n, I swear to God if you don't shut the hell up," she snapped too calmly for my liking. I closed my mouth and listened. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, "When we get home, I want you to pack a few clothes and stay somewhere else for the night," she said quietly and started walking away. My eyes stayed wide as I tried to sink in what she just said. I started walking towards her until someone pulled me back. "Let her walk away, kid." I heard my father's voice and rolled my eyes. I don't have time for this. "Y/n, please just listen. I've learned from my mistakes. Let me-" I pushed his arm off of me, "yeah! Your mistakes! I didn't cheat on her and I never would! "

     He looked at me with a guilty look on his face and said, "Y/n I'll never be able to take away the pain I caused your mother. But I can try to right my wrongs. I know you didn't cheat on her, but did you hear her voice when she yelled at you. She was hurt. I was on the other side of the door and I heard it."

     "Y/n, you're only 20, you're still a kid with three children and soon a wife, just let me help you." I looked away and nodded. He smiled and licked his lips. "Before she leaves, run up to her and reassure her, and do it sincerely. Don't fake anything, tell her how you really feel, tell her that you're sorry, and don't try to dismiss what she says or feels, because she has a right to feel them. Tell her you love her and then give her space. Don't beg her to let you stay; pack your shit and go.

     Then later that night, make sure to come back with food for her and your kids. Make sure to ASK if you can go say goodnight to your children and then tell her you love her again before giving her space. Of course, you shouldn't have to ask to see your kids, but let her feel some type of control over the situation. Now hurry up and go before she leaves. " He patted my back. I turned to him with a small smile and nodded.

     I ran out of the hospital looking for her car. Once I got to her window, she was turning the car on. I knocked on the window and she looked at me and rolled her eyes. I waited another 10 seconds before she rolled her window down. I didn't really know what to say, "Are you gonna speak or?" She asked. I licked my lips, "Can I just tell you what really happened, please." I looked at her begging. She looked at her nails on the steering wheel and nodded, I sighed, "I did take my anger out on you okay, but I didn't mean to. I was stressed because of Marcus, and then I saw the video and tweet from Moey. When I saw that picture with you, that nigga," she glared at me. "The picture of you and your "friend" it made me even more mad. I'm really sorry for that. " I sighed, looking into her eyes.

     When she didn't say anything, I continued, "I left instead of talking and communicating with you. I'm also sorry about that. The girl whose house I went to, her name is Jayla. I met her the same day I met you. I promise my intention wasn't to go straight to her house when I left. I saw her at the gas station and wanted to catch up."

      "All we did was talk, and I played the game and went live. After we watched a movie, and then when I was leaving, you called me about Marcus." I said, looking down at my hands and then back at her. She took her hands off the steering wheel and put them on her lap. I waited for her to say something. "Did y'all have a past together?" she asked quietly. I looked at her face and could see how much she wanted me to say no, and it crushed me. I nodded, "the day I met her, I ended up going to her place and we slept together. It was only once and it was before me and you got close." She nodded, but I could see how much it hurt her. I grabbed her hand and she let me go.

     "I'm sorry," I whispered. "Okay... uh, I need to go get the kids," she said gulping. I nodded and pulled away from the window. She started to roll it up. "Jalessa!"

She rolled it back down, looking confused.

"I love you."

"I love your dumb ass too," she smiled.

I looked at my phone, seeing I was getting a call from Kevin.