Chapter 1

Waleed

I entered the kitchen to find it filled with smoke. Mia was standing near the kitchen island coughing aloud. She was staring at a tray with something black and charred and smoke emerging from it.

"What the hell Mia?" I exclaimed as I started opening the windows.

I opened the electric chimney and the smoke started diminishing gradually. Mia was still coughing trying to breathe.

Lord save us, this woman was going to but down the house someday. I admit she had improved a lot in the kitchen in the last six years. Still, sometimes her experiments in the kitchen would become a pain in the ass for me.

"What were you up to this time?" I asked her offering a glass of her water.

"I was trying to bake a cake," she replied.

Mia's eyes were filled with tears and she looked heartbroken. I felt an ache in my heart. It was still not possible for me to see a tear in her amber eyes. Thought Mia would have these episodes a lot during her pregnancies. She was impossible when she was pregnant driving me crazy with her temper tantrums.

This was her third pregnancy, she was nine months pregnant and I don't know what made her come to the kitchen for an experiment. I had always made sure we had the best cook, I never wanted to pressurize Mia to do anything. She tried hard trying to become an ideal wife. It had become her obsession after Jeena and Riyaan's episode.

Gradually she had overcome that obsession to my relief and had got back to her normal self. I had no intention of dying of food poisoning. Mia's cooking initially was fit to feed the dogs, but I was not that lucky. I had to eat them with a smile on my face and even compliment her.

I had wanted to kill Jeena all over again because she was the one who had made Mia feel complexed about not knowing how to cook. Though with time, Mia had made a lot of improvement and now her dishes were edible.

I don't know what made her want to bake a cake today? She was still the worst at baking. With countless failed attempts at it, she was still determined to master it. Last year she had been hell-bent on baking a cake for our three years old daughter's birthday. She had made nearly ten attempts at baking a cake and failing every time.

"Mia you could just have ordered it, baby," I said politely, I had no intention of provoking her during the last phase of her pregnancy.

I saw her blush at me calling her baby. Even after six years of our marriage she still blushed on that endearment. My sweet wife, still so shy even after so many years.

"I wanted to bake it for your birthday," she replied.

Fuck me.

This woman will be the death of me someday. She was baking a cake so late at night because it would be my birthday in an hour. My heart melted at her revelation.

"Baby, you don't need to do that. You know how much I am worried about you burning down the house. You know well the business is not at its best because of the recession, " I couldn't help teasing her.

She glared at me with her amber eyes on fire. My fireball, still so fierce. I doubt the fire inside her would ever diminish. Not that I wanted it, I liked my baby like this. Always spitting fire like a dragon. Mia brushed my hand aside from hers and tried to walk past me. I grabbed her wrist and pulled her to me, being careful not to cause any harm to our baby.

"You still doubt my love for you," I flipped her around and hugged her from behind.

Her bump made it almost impossible to hit her from the front. Just one more week and I will have my sexy wife back. Not that we skipped sex during her pregnancy. In this regard, her pregnancy was a blessing for me. Mia would be always horny while she was pregnant. It was because of her hormones.