Chapter 13

Leonardo

I crushed the paper in my hand and threw it in the dustbin. A sudden desire to burn down the world took over me. It had been two months since Rameen and her husband had left Rome, and I had been planning how to win her over. I had strategized everything when I found she was pregnant with their third child.

I couldn't make up my mind to go ahead with my plan. I would wait until Rameen delivered the baby to proceed with my plan. I wanted her but not at the cost of her life. I had waited for seven years. I could wait for a few more months.

In the meantime, I made a few discreet trips to India to get a glimpse of her. My obsession with her was increasing day by day. I loved my Dolcezza too much, but I was falling harder for Rameen.

The more I started to learn about her, the more I was in awe of her.

The investigator I hired had found out about sexual harassment and an attempt to abduct suit filed by Waleed Kamal and Rameen against some Riyaan Ahmed. He was Rameen's school friend and had been in love with her. He was heartbroken after she married Waleed and tried to abduct and sexually harass her. The fun thing was that Rameen had beaten the shit out of that guy.

When the police reached the spot, the guy got carried on a stretcher to the hospital. That woman was fire, and I was ready to get burned. She was handling Waleed Kamal's consultancy firm. I couldn't help but admit that she was doing a phenomenal job handling it, but what I was planning for them was going to destroy it.

"Your absence is becoming a cause of concern among the circle," Nico said, settling on the couch across from me.

"I had expected you to be capable of handling the matter," I replied, sipping my coffee.

"I didn't sign up to cover up your obsession for a married woman, "Nico looked at me in resentment.

"Don't start over again," I gestured to him to stop speaking further.

Dominico had been trying to keep me away from pursuing Rameen. I knew he had my best interests in his heart. I admit this was madness, and any man in my place would seek help, not me. I, Leonardo Bianchi, would never give up the woman I desired to the extent of obsession. I had become a stalker of her, following her around when I went to India.

She had two kids, and it was clear how much she loved and adored them. I loved kids, and I didn't have any problem raising her kids. I would love them as my own because they were a part of her being. The only thing that bothered me was her husband and how madly she was in love with him. Looking at them sometimes made me wonder if she would love me like him.

"Do you have any idea what it would do to your reputation if you get caught?" Nico's voice broke the train of my thoughts.

"I won't get caught," I replied, leaning back on the couch.

"Are you kidding me, Leo? One wrong step and you would be sent away for life," Nico eyes were filled with disapproval.

Dominico was the closest to what a friend could be for anyone. I don't think we were friends, nor were we brothers. My relationship with Dominico was complicated. My parents had raised him, but I had moved to my place when he was still young. So we never bonded as siblings did. There always had been a distance between us, and we maintained it.

"Nico, can we drop this topic for now?" I asked him in a wearied tone.

My conscience was enough torture for me already, and I didn't want Dominico on top of it. All I had to do now was wait until Rameen had delivered the child and set the plan in motion.

------------------------------------------------------------------

I looked at Rameen, who was standing near the rail on the terrace of their villa, looking out on the Indian Ocean. She was freshly showered and was looking radiant as ever. Her damp hair was left loose on her shoulder and back. She looked deep in thought. Guilt took over me.