Chapter 17

Leonardo

I sat in my room, going over the incidents of today. It had been challenging to see Rameen broken like that. She cried for him, for Waleed Kamal. My grip on the glass I  held tightened, and it cracked, and a piece of broken glass pierced my palm.

Fuck.

I shouldn't be there. I had no business staying there and stalking Rameen. She was married and loved her husband to the moon and back. Why couldn't I accept that little thing and walk away? Why do I want to own her?

Rameen didn't love me, and she would never love me till Waleed Kamal was in her life. I couldn't take them down, hurting their finances. Their relationship was stronger. If I wanted her, I would have to strike where it would hurt the most. I would have to separate them, would have to create a rift in their relationship.

The way Waleed Kamal watched me, I guess he doubted me. I should have known that Mia wouldn't keep anything from him. They were like two bodies and one soul, and I was hell-bent on separating them. I should have felt terrible, but I didn't. People in my life had called me selfish and self-centered, and it was true. I never thought about anyone else other than me, and that was the reason that I had lost her.

My thoughts kept crawling back to Rameen, repeatedly, as I cleaned my cut and applied a bandage on it. I couldn't stop thinking about how her body felt against mine, her smell, and the feel of her silky locks. Her soft and supple skin was so tempting that I didn't want to pull my lips from her.

It had taken all my restraint not to rip off that robe from her body and show her how I wanted to pleasure her. She was feisty, and I enjoyed making her submit. Waleed Kamal never made her submit to his will, but I desired her submission. I wanted to see her at my mercy.

I would clip her wings only to teach her how to fly again with me. She needed to forget Waleed Kamal. I would make her fall out of love with Waleed Kamal.

Waleed was smarter than I had expected; he had approached Interpol, and it wouldn't be easy for me to hurt his business from there onwards. I would have to change my plans. I need to hurt their relationship.

I looked at the clock, and it was three in the morning. Slipping out of my room, I went toward their Villa. Climbing onto the villa's terrace, I stayed in the shadows so no one could notice me. They locked the door to their bedroom that night. I peeked inside through the glass wall. The room was dark. Only a night lamp glowed in the dark, spreading its soft glow around the room.

Waleed and Rameen were fast asleep on the bed, with their limbs tangled with each other. Waleed was shirtless, only wearing his sweats. Rameen slept with her head on his chest and her back to the glass wall, with only a sheet wrapped around her body. Her shoulders were bare, and her hair scattered on the bed. Her skin glowed in the lamp's soft light, making me want to touch her.

She was a seductress even in her sleep; she tempted me to devour her. Waleed was a lucky bastard. He didn't know how blessed he was to have a woman like Rameen as his wife. Or maybe he did. That was the reason he was so cautious when it came to her.

I couldn't forget the way his eyes stayed glued to me during the time I was in his office. I avoided looking at Rameen in his presence, and it had taken all of my self-control. My eyes were getting habituated to staying fixed on her whenever she was around, watching her, studying her every action. Her jaw ticked whenever angry, and she tried not to lash out. The way her lips curled up in a smile whenever she was pleased with something. It mostly happened when Waleed or the kids were around. What fascinated me the most was the fire in her eyes whenever she was angry.

I couldn't wait to make her mine and to see Waleed Kamal's reaction after losing his wife.

If he thought involving Interpol would stop me from pursuing Rameen, he had another thing coming. I would strike him at the spot and time where he would least expect me. I would need to wait for the right opportunity. I was a predator, and I had the patience to wait till the prey was in my vicinity and was unaware of my intentions.

I got back to my room and slept for a few hours. It was Shahwar's anniversary party, and I had a lot of plans to lay. My dreams were occupied with Rameen. She was messing up with my mind really bad. If only she didn't have so much resemblance with the woman I loved. There was no use fretting over something I couldn't control.

Right then, what I needed to worry about was Waleed Kamal. If he learned about my motives towards his wife, I was sure he wouldn't hesitate to kill me.

Rameen and Waleed didn't show up for breakfast. I was sure they must be in bed. The way they both looked at each other that they couldn't wait to rip off each other's clothes unsettled me every time. What was in Waleed that she was so madly in love with him? I had never been a womanizer and had been with only a few women in my life. The timing of my meeting with her was wrong. I had been so busy establishing and expanding my business in those days that I couldn't give her the attention she deserved.

Dominico called after breakfast, asking me when I would return to Rome. I informed him that I might stay another day or two till Rameen was there in the resort. Dominico was still not comfortable with the situation. He never missed a chance to warn me to forget Rameen and find another woman for me. If only he knew that it was impossible for me. I  got so obsessed with her in such a short period that it terrified me.

I was spread on a sun lounger at the poolside when Rameen and Waleed came along with their kids and their nannies. When Rameen's eyes found me, she went stiff and tightened her hold around Waleed's waist. Waleed pressed her closer to him as he walked in my direction.

"Leonardo," Waleed gave me a nod.

"Waleed," I replied with a tight smile, trying hard not to look at Rameen, who was plastered to his side.

"I want to thank you for being there for my family in my absence, " Waleed said with a smile, but his eyes were bored into mine.

"I am glad that I got the chance to know your kids. They are adorable, especially Abeer," I looked at Abeer with affection, who came running to her parents from where their nanny was waiting.

Abeer was a carbon copy of Rameen, with the same features, eyes, and feisty attitude. She beamed at me when she saw me, "Hello, Leo."

"You shouldn't address elders with their names. Call him Uncle Leonardo," Rameen spoke for the first time.

"But Leo told me it was okay if I called him Leo," Abeer said with a frown.

"Abeer, you don't disobey your mommy," Waleed addressed Abeer, displeased.

"It's okay; she is just a child, and she has gotten her mother's traits," I blurted out and realized my mistake.

Waleed gave me a piercing glance but avoided saying anything while Rameen shifted on the spot. There was no use regretting. I needed to be more cautious when dealing with Waleed Kamal.

"Okay, then, see you around," Waleed said, giving me one of his cold stares, and walked away, holding Rameen close to him.

I watched them walk away, my eyes fixed on Rameen, who wore a loose tee on a Capri. They settled on the loungers at some distance from me. Waleed pulled off his tee-shirt and dived into the pool. Rameen helped the kids get in along with him. She returned to the lounger and settled on it, pulling her cell from her pocket.

She got busy checking her cell while my eyes stayed fixed on Waleed and the kids. There was no doubt that Waleed Kamal was a doting father. It was clear that he loved them, and the kids adored him. They played with the ball while Rameen cheered them from the poolside.

After a while, Waleed approached the pool's edge and asked Rameen for something. She placed her cell aside and walked to him. She crouched on the floor at the pool's edge, and Waleed gave her a peck. Ramen pushed him away with a pout.

Waleed pulled her to him, and Rameen landed in the water with a loud splash. She held his shoulders, balancing herself, and Waleed snaked his arms around her waist. The next moment, she punched his chest while Waleed roared with laughter. At that exact moment, he looked at me and found me staring at them. Waleed smirked at me, indicating he wasn't oblivious to my intentions.

Game on Waleed Kamal. 

Please don't forget to like, comment, share, and leave a review. Follow me for the latest updates on my books.

Instagram: alizajabri02
Facebook: Aliza Jabri Books
Inkitt: Aliza Jabri
Wattpad: Aliza Jabri.