八 (Eight)

(Koan's POV)

A light knock on the door woke me up. I looked over to see Elle still asleep with her hand still in mine. I lifted up the sheets and peeled back the bandage to see my wound while hoping I hadn't torn any stitches.

Thankfully I didn't.

I was careful to sit up and pull my hand from hers without waking her. I got up and went to open the door.

It was mom.

"Elle isn't in her room. Do you know where she is?" She asked.

I stepped to the side so she could step in a bit and pointed to the bed. She saw Elle snuggled up under my covers and smiled.

"Afraid of tearing." I said quietly.

She looked confused for a second and then pieced it together.

"She was afraid you'd tear your stitches in your sleep?"

I nodded.

"So she decided to sleep with you."

"I did."

"You decided." She asked, eyes going wide.

I nodded.

"Well I put her clothes on the bed in the other room."

"I'll tell her."

"Okay." She smiled, stepping back out.

I shut the door once she left and laid back down. She moved when I pulled the sheets back up. She moved closer to me.

I had had my eyes closed for probably a few minutes when I felt her move again. Then I felt her lifting the sheets off of me. I peaked to see that she was trying to get a look at my side.

"They're fine." I said, causing her to jump.

"Did I wake you?"

"No."

"Did you sleep okay?"

"I did. What about you?"

She nodded with a smile.

"My mom put your clothes on the other bed." I said and her cheeks started turning pink.

"She knows I stayed with you?"

"She knocked on the door looking for you." I explained.

She got up to pee and brush her teeth while I got up to check my vitals. Once she was done in the bathroom and I'd finished with my vitals I went for a quick shower.

I walked into my room towel drying my hair and found her standing by the bed with a few things in hand.

"Can I put another bandage on?" She asked, pointing at my side.

I nodded and moved to sit on the bed.

She gave the stitches a bit of an inspection before putting more ointment and another bandage on it.

I could tell she had something on her mind that she wanted to say but wasn't, so I nudged her with my leg.

"Say it." I said.