十五 (Fifteen)

(Arielle's POV)

I woke up alone in my bed, but I heard someone in my kitchen. I climbed out of bed and walked in to see Koan standing in front of my stove.

"You're still here." I said, gaining his attention.

"Where would I go?"

"What are you making?" I smiled.

"Bacon."

"Bacon? Did I have bacon in my fridge?"

I didn't have much in my fridge and I was almost certain I didn't have any bacon.

"I went to get some."

"You didn't have to." I said, leaning by him against the counter.

"I know."

"Thank you for staying with me." I said, sitting down at my little kitchen island once the bacon was done.

"I'm happy to stay anytime." He winked.

He made us both a bacon sandwich and sat down beside me.

"What are you going to do for two weeks? What do you usually do with your time off?"

"On my time off? I spend time here watching TV, I go shopping, I see my family, and I sleep. Those are what I do the most, but I've done quite a few things. Sometimes I make the occasional trip to the gym or take a walk in the park."

He nodded.

"With stitches, I imagine I won't be doing anything to strenuous. Maybe....we could do something together."

"Like what?"

I shrugged. "I don't know. I don't know what you're comfortable doing."

"I'm sure we can figure something out." He said, taking a bite of his sandwich.

Once we finished breakfast, we decided to head to his house. I needed to tell Kintaro what the man said before he died.

Koan had put his clothes from yesterday back on and helped me change mine before we headed out.

When we arrived at his house, he didn't make any moves to hurry inside. He put my car in park, turned it off, and just sat there.

"What is it?"

He pointed to the car parked in front of us.

"Kenta and your uncle?"

He nodded.

"So f*cking mouthy." He said.

"Kenta?"

"Yeah."

"Even after the spoon?"

"Makes it worse."

"What if I stab him?" I asked, making him chuckle.

We walked inside to find almost everyone in the living room.

"Ko-Ko!" Renzo exclaimed when he saw Koan.

"Zo-Zo," Koan responded and Renzo laughed.

Izumi came over and gave me a smile.

"How are you?" She asked.

"I'm fine." I smiled. "Where is Kintaro?"

"In his office with Seiichi. Do you need him?"

"I need to tell him something."

"Well you know the way." She smiled.

Koan was never more than a few feet behind me as I headed for Kintaro's office. I was going to be polite and knock, but Koan just opened the door.