二十九 (Twenty-Nine)

(Arielle's POV)

I was pretty sure Koan had fallen asleep when Emiko came barging in sounding very angry.

"That motherf*cker!" She screamed, three men following in behind her.

Koan cracked his eyes open and looked at her with a sense of boredom. She stormed over to him and roughly grabbed his face in her hand.

"Tell me where they are!" She demanded.

"We told you that neither of us know." I said, wanting desperately for her to not touch him.

"Look at what he's doing to them!" She growled out, showing Koan something on the phone she had.

Koan said nothing.

She let out a frustrated scream before letting go of him and stepping away.

"Ma'am, he's calling." One of her men said, pointing at the computer.

She angrily walked over and pushed the button to answer. This time, instead of them just seeing us, we could see them too.

Kenta and Satoru were in the camera frame with knives to their throats and bloodied faces. Seiichi, Kenji, and Kintaro stood behind them.

"Don't you f*cking touch them!" Emiko screamed.

This lady is f*cking nuts and being quite a hypocrite.

"I had to watch as you beat my son. You should be forced to watch at I beat yours." Kintaro growled out.

"Let them go, honey." Satoru spoke up.

"I'm doing this for you. For us. For our son. You were meant to be the boss. You were meant to have everything that they have. It's not fair!"

"Life isn't f*cking fair. It's not supposed to be." Satoru said just as the power went off and everything went dark.

That's when I heard the sound of thunder come from outside.

One of Emiko's men turned on a flashlight and scanned the room. No one had moved.

"Get the f*cking lights back on! Now!" Emiko screamed and her men went running out.

The lights came back on in minutes and then her men came back in. My first instinct was to look at Koan. To make sure he was okay.

He had his head leaned back and his eyes closed.

Thunder boomed again and lightning struck, drawing my eyes to the small window behind Koan. I quickly glanced around the room, but saw that nothing was different. I looked because the window was open.

It hadn't been before.

Emiko started arguing with her men before screaming at them to go do something. They left the room which just left the three of us once again.

"Everything is not going as planned!" She screamed in frustration, running her hands through her hair.

"How did you imagine this going?" I asked.

She walked over to the table that housed the computer, smacked her hands down, and bowed her head, letting out a chuckle as she did so.

"Kidnap us, get us to talk, kill Kintaro and the others, and then live happily ever after?"

"I should've just killed them all myself when I had the chance instead of hiring imbeciles to do it. Who fails that many times at killing someone?" She scoffed.