二十 (Twenty)

A/N:

Switchin' it up for the first part of this...🤭😉🤷🏼‍♀️

Enjoy!😘

-B.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Third Person POV)

Seiichi stood with his mother, sleeping father, and three of his younger brothers. He had his back against the wall as his brothers spoke amongst themselves and his mother held his father's hand. They were still waiting for the police to leave the restaurant before they could all safely leave.

He watched as Koan sat with his back against the wall, one leg drawn up, the other laying down flat and Elle by his side. Koan was playing with his lighter and speaking softly to Elle. They appeared to be in their own world, not paying attention to anything or anyone but each other, but that wasn't the case.

Not completely.

Koan knew his oldest brother was watching. Out of everyone in the room, Koan was always the most observant.

"Mom," Seiichi said, gaining her attention.

"What is it?" She smiled, knowing exactly what he was about to ask about.

He moved so that he was closer to her and the three others.

"How did you see it?"

"See what?"

"The...pain or whatever." He said, motioning towards Koan and Elle. "You were so focused on dad, how could you have known?"

She smiled and glanced over at her youngest.

"Since the first bullet came through the window, he was...tormented. I could see the torment in his eyes. Anyone could if they'd looked hard enough. I could see it in his body language too. He knew several people were injured, but he didn't care. It's not that he doesn't care, it's just..." She sighed, trying to find the right way to explain it. "She comes first. She comes before any of us. She comes before himself."

"I thought he was just scared." Kenji said. "I saw it, in his eyes, when we were leaving out the back door of the restaurant. I thought he was just scared."

"And Elle?" Seiichi asked. "I saw her when she came in and she did look panicked, but that's all I saw."

"She came rushing in and she had the same look in her eyes that he did. She also looked like it was hard for her to breathe...and it was. The not knowing was tormenting her from the inside out. Having been so worried about him to seeing that he's okay to you saying you're going to send him out of state...to separate them..." she shook her head.

"The separation thing, why did you say it hurts them the most?" Renzo asked.

All four brothers were interested and confused. They had been from the start. Their youngest brother who rarely spoke more than five words and rarely let anyone close had suddenly became attached to a nurse they met on a fluke.

Izumi thought for a second before answering. "I think the reason it hurts so much for them to be separated is because of their souls."