二十六 (Twenty-Six)

(Arielle's POV)

The slamming of a door woke me up.

I opened my eyes and slowly looked around.

We seemed to have been in a basement. I was tied to one of the posts that rested under a support beam. Koan was tied to a separate one across from me. He was already awake and staring at me.

One of the differences between us was that I was sitting on the ground and he was standing up. He was tied so that he couldn't sit down.

I was about to speak to him when a door opened behind me.

"They're awake." A man said when he saw us.

He was one of men that busted my door down and grabbed us.

"Good." A feminine voice replied, entering the room.

I couldn't see because they were behind me, so I based everything off of Koan's reactions. When the woman spoke and stepped into the room, his jaw clenched and his hands balled into fists. It was a voice I faintly recognized, but couldn't place. High-heeled footsteps got closer and closer until the woman was within my line of vision.

"Good to see you, Koan." The woman smiled.

It was Satoru's wife, Kenta's mom.

"Why?" Koan growled out.

"You'll find out in due time." She smiled before turning her attention towards me. "Elle, right?"

I said nothing.

"I would apologize for getting you involved in this...family drama, but you kind of did it to yourself." She said, holding something in her hand.

I quickly realized what it was and looked at Koan. His jaw was clenched as tight as possible and his hands were still balled into fists.

She had his lighter.

"Play with fire and you're bound to get burned."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(Third Person POV)

Colten left his sister's house and got home just to turn around and go back. He had forgotten to give her something from their mom.

When he arrived at the apartment, his heart dropped at the sight of the busted door. He searched the apartment top to bottom, but found nothing.

His first instinct was to call his dad or his contacts at the FBI.

That was his first instinct...

But that's not what he did.

When searching the apartment, he found Elle's phone on the coffee table and, with a few lucky guesses, he guessed the right password.

Instead of calling their dad or the FBI, he called one of the five numbers programmed in her phone.

The phone rang twice before someone picked up.

"Hey."

"This Seiichi?" Colten asked.

"Yes. Who is this and why are you calling from Elle's phone?"

"I'm Elle's brother, Colten."

"What happened?" Seiichi asked.

Colten told him about the door and that no one was found in the apartment. Seiichi let out a long string of curses.

"I know who you are and I know what your family is capable of. I figured you could find them faster than the FBI. I don't care what you do or how you do it. Find my sister." Colten said.

Colten hung up thereafter and tried to think of what else he could do. After contemplating the pros and cons, he headed for his parents house to get his dad.

Seiichi hung up the phone and immediately called the others. They were all worried, angry, and frustrated. They didn't what to do or where to start, but decided to meet at the safe house where their parents were.

They thought that hearing that Koan and Elle were missing in person would be somewhat better for their parents than hearing it over the phone.

Izumi and Kintaro, who was still bedridden from his injuries, were devastated by the news.

Not knowing where to start, they felt helpless.

Until there was a knock on the door.

Seiichi, Kenji, Shiro, and Renzo each pulled their gun out and Seiichi went to open the door.

On the other side was nothing but an envelope.
Inside that envelope was everything they would need.

Seiichi pulled out everything from the envelope and laid it all out on the table. There were pictures, confidential documents, pieces of information that no one should've known about, and family secrets thought to never see the light of day.

"Who is it from?" Izumi asked.

"Doesn't say." Seiichi answered.

"All there is is a little picture of a dragon." Kenji said, examining the envelope.

"No one should know this information." Renzo said, flipping through some of the papers.

Seiichi found one piece of paper and one photo that made him freeze.

"I know who has them." He mumbled.

"What?"

"I know what they meant about blood not being blood."

He showed the others and they all couldn't believe it. Izumi looked over at her husband and the boys looked over at their father.

"What?" Kintaro asked from where he laid. "What is it?"

Izumi took the photo and the piece of paper before walking over and giving them to him.

Kintaro closed his eyes and took a deep breath. When he opened them, they seemed darker.

He was pissed.

"Bring them to me. Send men out and find them. Bring them to me and we will make them talk." Kintaro ordered.

One by one, his sons left and sought out to find Satoru and Kenta.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N:

Gasp! 😧😧

It was Satoru, Kenta, and Kenta's mom....

Or was it?🤭😬

You know how I love me a good plot twist. 🤭

Till next time,

B. 🥰🧸🥰