Chapter 4: Walking Out

Naira hurriedly passed the flowers to Kartik and walked away into the college wiping the tears that betrayed her resolves to remain stoic and Indifferent.

Naira wiped her tears hurriedly,but still slower than the rate at which it was continuously flowing down,as she hurried into an empty classroom.Her knees gave up,as she fell on her knees crying bitterly.'Kyun..Kyun aisa hua mere saath ganga maiyya...do saal baad jab me move on karne ki koshish kar rahi thi,kyun meri atheeth ko mere samne laaker khada diya.'Naira knew she was lying to herself when she called Kartik his past.No way she had moved on...Moving on isn't supposed to hurt this much..Kartik was the love of her life,is and always be.

Naira quickly wiped her tears,washed her face in the Ladies Washroom and went out to the grounds only to see it empty.All had left for their class..O God what will she do now?Will the class have started.As she hurried towards her class,someone pulled her into an empty classroom.Before she could scream in reflex,a strong hand was fastened on her mouth and the other hand gripped her waist to prevent her from falling.

She recognised his touch,and even after all the mess her and Kartik's relationship had gone through,she could feel butterflies in her stomach and her heart fluttering at their close proximity.Get a grip on yourself,Naira.she chided her heart that refused to bid to her brain's demands and was on the verge of melting into his touch.

She raised her eyes to look into his intense eyes burning with Hatred.Her eyes showed no hints of fear,but the confidence she had learnt to build as barriers for her broken heart.

'Tumhe bhaagne ke alawa kuch nahi aata he na?Tumhaari bachpan ki shok he na...'taunted Kartik with distaste.Her heart wrenched hearing him mention about her running away from home when she was small.How dare he taunt her after all that he had done!!
'Ab isse tumhe kya fark padta he,is baar tumne mujhe bhagaaya he.Kartik chodo mujhe.'Said Naira trying to wriggle out of his grip,which tightened around her.
'Mene kaise.Jo kuch bhi hua tumhaare wajah se hua.Tumne mujhpe trust kiya hi nahi.'
'If you have already made up your mind,then I don't have anything to talk to you.Kartik yahaa koi tamasha create Mat karo.yahaa me padaae karne aaya hu.Mujhe mere raastha pe chod do'said Naira although it hurt her a lot.

Kartik loosened his grip on her,and his eyes showed hurt which was soon replaced by indifference.'You are right.Ab hame apne apne rasthe par chalna chahiye.Ab hamaare beech bacha hi kya he.'Saying this,he left her and went out of the room.And Naira stared at him,very much hurt by his words.

*Maine socha bhi na tha
Aisa din bhi aayega...
Mera saaya bhi mujhse kabhi door jayega
Mann me kaisi halchal he bikhra bikhra har pal he
Dil ko Deepak ki tarah wo jalaata he..
Yeh Rishta kya kehlata he...ohh...*

Naira quickly composed herself and went inside her class,only to see Kartik standing inside the class. Heyy Ganga maiyya,what is she to do now..Kartik is going to be her professor.Hoping against Hope that Kartik would keep his personal and professional life apart,she
stepped into the class and hurried to her desk before Kartik could turn around and see her.
'Where do you think you are going,miss?'Naira stopped dead in her tracks.She looked back to see Kartik had still not turned away from the board.How did he know she entered the class?She did not have time to wonder about it as Kartik turned around at the very moment and looked at her.
'I will not tolerate late-comers in my class.So either you apologise for coming late and entering without my permission or kindly get out of the class'
Is this school or what.Naira almost scoffed at his immature way of irritating her.She was not in a mood to apologise nor sit in the class to hear taunts from him.Naira,without a word walked her way out of the class.She could hear low whistles at her boldness,but she didn't care.Kartik gritted his teeth at her audacity to leave the class like that without a word.