Chapter 9: Neighbours

Kartik sighed in relief. Finally he was shifting from the hotel he had been staying till now. His father had taken a flat for him to stay comfortably in The Seashells Apartment. Although, he wondered why his Father had taken a sudden interest in arranging a flat for him, he found it to be the perfect place for him. The Apartment was nearer to the college than the hotel in which he had been staying.

Finding a suitable place,he wanted to shift that very day,tired of the hotel and its rules and regulations. His few belongings had already reached the complex that very morning, and he himself was driving towards the apartment after an unusual meeting with clients, that had taken him all day.
Now the sun had already set, and he reached the complex. He drove through its gates,and after enquiring with the guard,he parked his car in the parking lot.

Getting up from his car,he hurried off to his flat, unaware that 3 pairs of eyes were watching him.

'Level 1 Completed' said Mishti triumphantly as she gave a hi-fi to Gayu and Kuhu.

Meanwhile, Naira was searching for Kuhu and Mishti all around the complex, but couldn't find them.

Searching for them, she saw a man entering the apartment complex.
'Must be the new tenant everyone was talking about' muttered Naira, as she went about her way.

Gayu, Mishti and Kuhu slowly crept to Naira, scaring her.
'Guys, where were you all? I was searching for you here and there for a long time'.
'We were stalking your husband'Gayu muttered under her breath,while Mishti and Kuhu snorted.

'What did you say?Aur Gayu di aisa kya keh diya ki tum dono kikiki kar rahe ho' asked Naira, furrowing her eyebrows.

'Arrey di, kitne sadu ho aap...Hoga kuch kuch...Aap vo sab chodiye' said Kuhu quickly, before Naira gets suspicious.

'Ok...Ab chale? Waise bhi Papa kachoriya bana rahe hai..' said Naira, as she walked forward, holding Mishti's hands,with Gayu and Kuhu following behind.

Gayu smiled at Kuhu gratefully,while she raised her imaginary collars dramatically.

'Ab aur kya kya hona baaki hai..Kal Tauji aur Naira Kartik ko yahaa dekhenge, toh naya drama ho jaayegaa' whispered Gayu to Kuhu.

**********

The next morning, Kartik rose up early. Waking up that morning, he could feel a strange sensation around him. Finding the climate really good, he had went for a jog in the park that was nearby. Now, coming back to his flat, he could smell hot kachoris being made from the farthest flat in the floor.

Kackoris. His favourite food.Now not. Atleast that's what he convinced himself. He stayed MILES APART from all those that were connected with Naira.

Getting into the flat,he was about to get ready for college,when he realised that it was a holiday.

Meanwhile, Naira had woken up late. Feeling butterflies running in her stomach, she brushed it aside, assuming that she was nervous about the reaction of her Tyrant Teacher on coming late.
She smiled slightly at the nickname she had come up for Kartik.Tyrant.Well,it suits him now. But not her old Kartik, who was just totally the opposite of what he is now.
Sighing, she put on her blue kurti pairing it with cream coloured leggings.
Brushing her hair, and putting kohl and light coloured lip gloss, she went into the hall.

Kuhu and Mishti were sitting around the dining table,having breakfast, while Gayu was messaging someone.
'Good Morning, Princess. Did you sleep well?' Wished her father,coming out of the kitchen with a plate of samosas.