Chapter 7: Surprise

Naira had rushed back home,shakened after being reminded of Dance and Kartik's encounter.
'Tumhaare galti ki kheemat pata hai tumhe.Mera bhai chala gaya tumhaare wajah se.'Kartik's accusing words was haunting her,her eyes streaming with tears.It was with great difficulty she had managed to forget that incident,and Kartik,he reminded her again of that dreadful day.
She hurriedly wiped her tears,composing herself,as she neared her apartment.
The cab stopped,and as she stepped out she could see her dad near a stall of Pani Puri,relishing the tasty golgappas.
'Papa...'she called out as she folded her arms and stared accordingly at her father.
'Naitik stopped in horror as he was about to pop another golgappa.He looked like a deer caught in headlights.His look was so comical that Naira had to suppress a giggle.Walking towards her father sternly,she scolded him,'Nahi..Nahi..Ruk kyun gayi..Aur Kha lo na...'
'Princess main nahi kha raha Tha, ye... ye chitti maharaja... ye mujhe zor de raha tga... Is liye maine ek golgappa khaya...' stammered Naitik, giving a pointed look at his most trusted household help.
Chitti Maharaj, who looked alarmed, gulped and nodded his head fervently.
' Papa, aur Chitti Maharaj, mujhe pata he tum dono jhoot bol rage he. Aur aap, Papa, kabhi kabhi had karti ho aap.Aaj ke baad koi unhealthy and oily food bine mujhe batata, nahi khaayenge... Aur meeta to bilkul bhi nahi'said Naira, stressing each word.
' Theek Hai... Kabhi kabhi main khud confused ho jaata Hu ki main papa ho ya ye meri maa' grumbled Naitik as he walked away from the stall, with Naira closely following him behind.

A teen girl came and held Naira's arm.She turned surprised and seeing the  girl,Naira hugged her tightly in happiness.
'Mishti,I missed you...From where are you coming?'Naira exclaimed.
Her cousin sister was standing before her,grinning at her.Mishti had grown taller over the ears.Her hair falling over her small face adorned her along with the happiness that was bubbling out of her.
'Sirf,Mishti hi nahi..Main bhi ho di...'complained another girl with curly hair.
Naira ran to hug Kuhu,her maternal cousin.
Both Mishti and Kuhu together studied in a boarding school and had come straight to Mumbai as their vacation started.
Naitik was ecstatic to see them.He had always seen Gayu,Mishti and Kuhu as his own daughters only...
'You both came alone..'asked Naira,wondering how on earth her two grandmothers allowed them to travel alone.
Kuhu and Mishti sheepishly smiled.Naira noticing their sly glances,understood that they have done some mischief.
'Wo..Gayudi bhi hamaare saath thi...'said Mishti slowly.
'Thi?Matlab?'asked Naira,kind of getting where it was going.
'Woh..Hum bhaagkar aayi'Kuhu blurted out,earning a glare from Mishti.
Naira groaned,while Naitik came forward worriedly.
'Tauji,Di,Relax..Hum bhaagkar nahi aayi...Gayu Di had to give her designs somewhere,and we couldn't wait that long..So we came here taking a  taxi...We informed Gayu di..'
'After running away..!!'completed Gayu di.
Gayu had mysteriously appeared out of nowhere,glaring at the horrified duo.
'Tum dono kyu kiya aisa...Main kirin pareshan thi.Main wahaa idhar udhar dhoond raha tha..'scolded Gayu.
Seeing the stern looks from all three of them,Mishti tried to ease the situation.'Sorry Gayu di..Hum to bas mazaak kar raha tha..Aur aaj ke baad kabhi nahi karenge.. Promise.. Ab chodo na..'
'Beta,ye tum dono bilkul teek nahi kiya.Ab ye sab baat chodo...Shuruaat he ki tum teeno teek he...'said Naitik,closing the matter.
Gayu hugged Naira.'I missed you so much,Naira.Pata he,tumhaare jaane ke baad,sab kitna dukhi he...Especially Naksh bhai.Vo kuch keh nahi rahe ho,but he also misses you greatly.'
'I know,Gayu do,Even I also miss you all greatly...I am so happy that you are here now.'said Naira,hugging her sister tightly.

As they entered the flat Mishti and Kuhu embarked on their own in touring the whole complex,while Naitik set to make kachori and other delicacies for everyone.Naira grabbed Gayu's hand and took her to her room.Locking the door,she said,'Gayu,Kartik yahaa hai'.
'What?'Gayu was surprised.
'Wo..meri college ki trustee hu.Isliye guest lecture banker aaya he...Maine abhi tak papa ko nahi bataya hai.Woh pareshaan ho jaayenge..Aap bhi kisi mat batana'.
Gayu was shocked.'Naira,wo time kuch kaha?Tum theek toh ho na!'She was really worried for her sister.

'Main teek to hu..Uske pata nahi..Aisa lag raha hai ki main usko air wo mujhe kabhi samajh hi nahi aayi.'sighed Naira.
Gayu feltvterrible to see her happy go lucky sister so unusually calm and drowned in grief.However,she was also proud of her,for her courage.She wondered from where did she get this much strength.She never let herself be broken,whatever may be.
'Tu China mat kar..Sab trek ho jayega.Ab tum so jao..Tumhe dekhkar hi pata chal jata hai ki tum teek se soi nahi'.said Gayu softly.
'Main toy do saal se soi nahi di'thought Naira,as Gayu covered her with blanket and caressed her head lovingly.

Surprised by the turn of events,Gayu could not put herself to sleep.Sighing in defeat,she got up from the bed and moved towards the balcony in the hope of finding answers to her unanswered questions.
Gayu was sure this was a sign of Destiny that Kartik and Naira are meant to be together.Whatever misunderstanding they have only lingers in the surface,but deep inside they still care and love each other deeply.Problems can surely take them apart from each other,but can't separate them.This is why,they always come face to face wherever they go.

And that night,she decided that she would do all that she could to make Kartik and Naira Kaira again.
She quickly grabbed her phone and dialled the person whom she could take help from......

'Hello Di..Mujhe aap se kuch baat karni hai'
_________________________________________

Heyy Guyzz...Here is your update for this friday...I have been planning to bring Mishti and Kuhu into the story for a long time....And finally they are here...

So, How was today's update? Please share your thoughts in the comments.

Don't forget to vote and share this story..
Thankyou all for your support and suggestions....