Chapter 5: Meeting him again

The next day,Naira was in a hurry.Owing to her disturbed night the day before,she had woken up half an hour late.Grumbling at how Kartik,who is just looking for an excuse to taunt her,would react,she just grabbed the top and jeans she got and gobbled up the pan cakes her father and Chitti Maharaj their most trusted cook,had made together.

She hurried through the traffic,trying to find a cab.But it seemed like heavens itself did not want her to reach college on time.She huffed as she stomped her way to the bus stand.Finding a bus that was about to leave,she ran into it.

The bus was already moving as she jumped into it.Her feet slipped as she tried to grasp the door.She closed her eyes tightly,waiting to fall down out into the road from the moving bus -that was picking up speed.

Her hands were suddenly grasped and she was pulled into a hard chest.Her fast heartbeat matched with that of her saviour.

After coming out of the shock,and regaining her senses,she detected the strong woody scent that had been her solace,those strong muscular arms engulfing her that once used to be her home,and the security and peace that used to come with the touch of her man.

She opened her eyes slowly to look up into his warm chocolatey orbs,that reflected worry,concern,love and anger,evoking some of her deeply buried memories.

'What the hell do you think you are doing?Don't you have the sense to know that it is dangerous to jump into a moving bus?'Fired Kartik angrily.

Naira slowly distanced herself from him.'Why do you care?What has changed in these two years that you are worrying about me.?I am alright.Thank you.' She retorted back.

Fury rushed through Kartik.He heaved trying to control himself and turned away from her.

The journey through the bus to her college was a long one,straining her body and mind completely.It did not help that Kartik was just inches away from her.
It was no different for Kartik.With each passing second,he found it more difficult to breathe,engulfed in pain,sorrow and still in these deep waters of hatred and betrayal,his love for her ,every now and then resurfaced,which shook him to the core.
The bus came to a halt near the grand entrance of the Imperial College.The people rushed out,Naira and Kartik also among them.As they moved out,Naira saw an anxious Kunal standing near the entrance.As he saw her,he rushed out to her,worried.

'Naira,tum kahaan thi itni der se.Uncle ne bataaya ki tum pehle se hi nikal chuke the.'

'Kunal,woh mujhe taxi nahi mili thi metro tak.Isliye mein bus se aa raha tha.'

'Pagal ho kya....Tum mujhe bataya kyun nahi.I would have come to pick you up.'

'Isliye nahi bataya Kunal..You live at the other end.I couldn't make you come all the way from there just to pick me up.'Naira sighed.

As they again immersed in a playful banter,Kartik who had been watching them silently,standing aside,left for the class. Kartik stumbled as he stomped towards the class.Was the class this far away??His mind was pelted with a lot of questions.Who was this guy?Why was Naira so close with him?Did Naira move on that easily?Kartik could feel an ache in his heart. His fury, anger, pain, sorrow was immeasurable.

He entered the class,fully irritated and pissed off.The class,sensing his foul mood,suddenly turned so quiet.Just as Kartik got ready to start the class,Naira stumbled in,breathing heavily.

'Sir,May I come in?'
Her polite and formal tone was enough to further infuriate him.
'I will not tolerate late comers,Ms.Naira Singhaniya.If you cannot manage to come in time,then why do you even bother coming?'

Naira was baffled.What happened to Kartik?He was ok outside,why is he so pissed off now?
'I am.....'
'Out'His cold and unusually calm voice seemed to cut through the air.
Naira could feel anger bubbling inside her,Her mood was already off,and this only seemed to further piss her.Enough is Enough.She is not going to tolerate this crap anymore.
'Thankyou Sir.And see you tomorrow,Sir'she said in a sickly sweet voice as she marched out,her head held high.Tanmay let out a low whistle,a new found admiration for his sister's friend.Some chuckled,while some started whispering.All were aroused by this new found entertainment.

Kartik could see red.Her taunting voice had bruised his ego and his already broken heart.He was so blinded by rage,that he could not even decipher the situation rationally. It was a miracle how he managed to finish the lecture.His anger was also directed towards the entire class.Punishing Tanmay for breathing heavily,and someone else for not knowing the answers to a question from the chapter that wasn't yet taught.And what not.

As the class got over,Not only was Kartik,but the entire class was relieved.
The students filed out of the room,wondering about what had happened between Naira and Kartik.Tanvi was deeply thinking about something when someone tapped her hard on her head.Seeing Tanmay's grinning face looming over her,she squared her chest,appearing to be as tall as him,as she asked, irritated, 'Uff.. Kya he...Kyu pareshan kar rahe ho??'
'Jab he hi nahi,toh kyun tall banne ki koshish Kate ho?'he taunted,pointing at her fruitless attempts.
'Anyways,tumhaare friend bahut interesting ho'he commented,to which Tanvi furrowed her brows.
'Kyaa?'
Tanmay rolled his eyes.'The way she answered back was soo cool.And did you notice how Sir's face turned red in colour.It was like watching Tom and Jerry.woh bhi live'.
'Woh toh he.Kuch he un dono ke beech'said Tanvi,thinking deeply..
Her friend seemed to be very intriguing. She was curious seeing Naira's reaction with Kartik.It was something different.
_________________________________________
Holaaaa...next update here....Just as promised..
Thankyou guys..Your support was really heartwarming....
So Kartik is getting jealous...Tanvi and Tanmay is getting suspicious...and Bechara Naira??
Hell confused..Yaa...Right..
So what do you guys think about the storyline?Will Kartik's jealousy help improve their relation or in fact worsen the situation??Please do comment on this?

And Guyss..Kabhi yeh bhi to bata do ki aap sab ko update kaise laga!!Achhi ya buri.. kuch bhi chalega!Aur do char buraae bhi karlo..Vo bhi chalega.. Bas Kuch toh batado...Storyline kaise laga!Or suggestions bhi de do...
😅🤣🤣
Main soch sochkar pareshaan ho raha hai ki meri story achi he ya nahi.....😆

Soo...See y'all for the next update..
Tab tak yaad karo...
Intezaar karo..
Excitement rakho...

*************