Chapter 6: Pehla Pyaar

Naira was confused.She couldn't understand what was going on in his mind.Naira shook down these thoughts as she sat in the canteen.
Stupid Kartik..Because of him,she missed another class..Cursing Him,Naira sat lost in thoughts,twirling the spoon in her now cold coffee.

'Kiski Yaadon mein khoyi hui ho?Are you thinking about me?'said Kunal,as he sat in the opposite chair.
'You wish..'she snorted.Brushing her thoughts,she took a sip of her coffee,and cringed at the taste of the now cold coffee.
Kunal chuckled as he shook his head.Passing her his,he continued looking at the paperwork he had brought with him.
'Thankyou...Trust me,I needed one...'said Naira,as she graciously accepted it.
Kunal looked up.'Kyun?You are having headache?'
'Haa..I am not having...There is in the class...'mumbled Naira inaudible,more to herself.
'In the class?Koi pareshaani he kya?Koi tujhe pareshaan kar raha he?'asked Kunal.
'Relaax..Its nothing..Tum vo sab chodo.Ye bataao kyaa kar rahe ho?'she drawled.
'Kuch nahi.College se related kuch paperwork clear kar rahe ho'answered Kunal,his attention now fully on the man entering the canteen.
'Heyy Kartik..I was about to come to you.What is your opinion regarding the Fresher's Party'.
'Just forward it in my mail.Will check later.And I would prefer Goenka.'said Kartik coldly,as he threw a last look at the confused pair before leaving the canteen.

'What was that?Isko achanak kya ho gaya?Kal to koi problem nahi thi'said Kunal,confused by the cold encounter.

'Don't even start me on that..Aaj tak mujhe pata nahi chala.'said Naira, staring at the doorway through which Kartik left a few seconds ago.

'What?'said Kunal,a lot more confused,scratching his head.
'Nothing..Bas aise hi'covered up Naira quickly.
Upon glancing at Kunal quickly,she heaved a sigh of relief,as Kunal was back to his work.
Her thoughts were diverting back to Kartik and the encounter she had just witnessed.

She had been slowly watching the exchange and couldn't pinpoint his strange behaviour.If she hadn't known better,she would have thought that Kartik was jealous.But hadn't he himself told her that he doesn't love her anymore.Alarmed at the direction her thoughts were diverting to,she quickly shook herself down,deciding not to think about him anymore.

Suddenly Tanvi rushed to her,and seeing Kunal sitting with her,she said a little more cautiously,'Naira,can you come here for just a moment.Kuch zaroori baat karni thi tumse'
The urgency in her voice was clear. Naira excused herself and went with Tanvi.

Tanvi grabbed her arms,leading her to the college ground,where Tanmay and his group were standing.
'Heyy Beauty and the Beast'said Tanmay first glancing at Naira and then distasteful at Tanmay,to which Tanvi just rolled her eyes.
Naira turned back to Tanvi,frowning,'Tanvi,tum mujhe yahaan kyun lekar aaye'
'Fresher's Party'stated Tanvi,throwing her arms in the air,as if it was obvious.
Naira half smiled at her antics.
'And also I would like to officially announce you as a part of our gang.'added Tanvi smiling.
'But you don't even know me well'Naira said.
'Bade bade logo ke liye ek hi jhalak hi kaafi he...'stated Tanvi dramatically.
Tanmay whispered,dramebaaz,shaking his head.
'Itna head shake karenge toh head gardhan se nikal jaayegaa'taunted Tanvi.
'To kya karu,tum kaam aesa Kate ho.Itna drama kyu kar rahe ho...drama ki dukaan'

'I am not going to argue with you.Aesa nahi he ki mujhe iska jawaab dena aata nahi,just that my time is too precious',to which Tanmay smirked and raised his eyebrows,but didn't argue back.

Tanvi,turning back to Naira,'So Naira,you are now a part of us.And Now since we are one group,we are going to perform a program for Fresher's Party together.'

'Arrey nahi..Tum sab karo na..'replied Naira.
'No...you also do..Please Naira,it will be fun..'insisted Tanvi,making a cute face.
'Oh..I forgot to introduce you to my other friends' she exclaimed,slapping her forehead,'Naira,this is Aditi, Sania, Ranveer and Sameer',pointing at each one of them.