teresa

Everyone was crowded around the watch tower shouting up at someone, presumably the girl.

"Chuck, what's going on?" Thomas asked as we reached the little boy.

He was laughing and pointing, "Girls are awesome."

I chuckled and patted his back before running off to where everyone else was.

"Oh, damn!" Fry screeched as a rock hit his head.

"Leave me alone!" The girl shouted.

"Hey! Throw one more of those things, I'm- ow!" Gally swore.

"You okay, babe?" I asked trying my best not to laugh. He must have noticed the smirk on my face because he shook his head with the same smirk.

"I don't think she likes us." Newt laughed from under a wooden board that Winston was holding over their heads.

"Really? What made you think that?" I said sarcastically.

"What do you want?" The girl screamed.

"Hey, we just wanna talk!" Thomas spoke up.

"I'm warning you!"

"Oh, take cover, yall. Take cover!" Frypan scurried off, holding a dustbin lid over his head.

"Hey, whoa, whoa, whoa! It's Thomas! It's Thomas!"

She stopped when he said that. No more stones were thrown and the gladers fell into a shocked silence. The black haired girl poked her head over the edge very slowly. Thomas waved and I shuffled over next to him.

"Okay, I'm gonna come up, okay?"

The girl didn't reply she just moved back so we couldn't see her. I guess that was her saying yes.

"Okay. Just me." Thomas stepped to go but I grabbed his wrist.

"I'm coming. She might need another girl there."

Thomas hesitated for a second before nodding. I ignored Gally's annoyed look and followed Thomas up to the girl. I pushed open the hatch to see her holding a machete out.

"Whoa, okay, just erm, Thomas could you help?"

"I would if you went up."

I climbed up so we were on the same level and Thomas noticed what I meant.

"Easy, alright." He held his arm out as he sat next to me.

"Where am I? What is this place? Why can't I remember anything?"

I chuckled. I was used to all these questions. But I let Thomas answer her, there was no point me saying anything.

"This is all normal, okay? We've all been through this."

That was quite blunt so I took it into my own hands.

"Your name," she whipped her head to look at me, "that'll come back to you in a couple days. It's the one main thing-"

She cut me off. "Teresa."

"What'd you say?" I leaned forward slightly.

"My name. It's Teresa."

Now, I knew who she was. She was the girl who constantly stood by the ginger in my nightmares. I looked at Thomas, who just shrugged, then back at her.

"I- wow- okay. Teresa, I'm y/n." I would have hold my hand out but I was scared she would chop it off.

"And I'm Thomas. But you already knew that, though, I guess, huh?"