Daydreams and Bad Timing

Harry woke up on the bus, and tried to stretch out, but his bunk was cramped. Since his final growth spurt, Harry had stopped loving the nights on the bus, and craved the space of a hotel bed. 

He rubbed his shoulder blade, his back was aching from being cramped in the bunk. He wished Lou could massage him- Louis gave the best massages. 

Harry curled back up into a ball. He missed being Lou's little spoon. 

He skipped breakfast and lunch and stayed in his bunk until they got to the concert venue, and Zayn dragged him out for soundcheck. 

***

"Are you alright there, Harry?" Niall asked, looking over at his friend. 

"Yup," Harry said, tightening his grip on the microphone. "Sorry, can we just do it one more time?" 

Liam looked over at him what was now becoming his signiture I'm Worried About You look. 

"I'm fine," Harry insisted. 

They were just about halfway through their soundcheck, and Harry kept messing up on his solo. 

The room started to get a bit fuzzy and Harry held tighter onto his mic stand, his knuckles going white. 

"I think we're taking a break now, okay?" Louis said into his mic, looking up at the sound guys. They shrugged and continued to adjust the levels.

Harry walked off stage until he was behind the curtains, just needing to sit down.  

"Hazza," Louis said, jogging up behind Harry and taking him gently by the shoulder. "Are you okay?" 

"Lou, I don't want to talk about it." Harry said, avoiding eye contact with Louis. 

"Harry," Lou said, trying to get Harry to look at him. "Have you eaten today?" 

He didn't reply, he just sat down on the floor, and stared down at his water bottle. 

"Harry," Lou repeated. "Have you eaten today?" 

Harry shook his head, and his eyes started to water. 

"Okay," Louis said, kneeling down next to him. "It's okay, love. I'll stay with you and text Zayn to go find you something to eat okay?" He pulled out his phone and sent a quick text to Zayn. 

Harry nodded, and wrapped his arms around himself. 

"Did you eat yesterday?" Louis asked gently, smoothing out Harry's curls. 

"Yeah but it didn't stay down," Harry said. He bit on his lip trying not to cry. 

"Oh, Haz..." Louis murmered. He sat down next to Harry and gently rubbed circles into Harry's back. "You should've came and got me." 

"I didn't think you wanted to talk to me," Harry said. 

Louis sighed. "It's not like that, Harold."

A smile tugged at Harry's lips. He loved when Louis called him that. 

"Everything was just a little... just a little much..." Louis took a deep breath and sighed. "I just thought we could both use space." 

Harry didn't want any space. "Mhm," he said, nodding slowly. 

"So is everything going okay with you and Liam rooming together?" Louis asked. 

"Not really," Harry admitted, tugging at the sleeve of his hoodie. 

"What's wrong?" Lou asked, setting his hand down on Harry's knee, and moving his thumb in small circles. "I know Liam cares about you a lot." 

"It's just," Harry started. He sighed, and started again, letting his words all tumble out in one big rush this time instead of filtering them. "It's just that he sleeps on the couch not in the bed with me, and he lets me have my space when I go to the bathroom- he'd never follow me in like you do- and I know he means well, but he just can't seem to sense when something's wrong the way you do and I just... I don't know..." he trailed off. 

"Would it help you get better if we roomed together again?" Louis asked carefully. 

"I think so," Harry said, his heart beating faster. 

"Okay," Louis said, smiling a little. "And about the other night I just wanted to say-" 

"Okay!" Zayn said, interrupting Louis as he walked backstage with the food Lou had asked for. "We've got two turkey sandwiches, sweet potatoe fries, three apples, a parfait, and a grilled cheese." 

Louis looked up at Zayn, whose arms were full of food. Zayn shrugged. "I didn't know what you wanted." 

"Just leave it all," Louis said, "thanks!" 

"What were you saying?" Harry asked. 

"It's not important," Lou said, picking up a sandwich. He handed Harry the grilled cheese. "Still your favourite?" he asked. 

Harry wanted to say something horribly cheesey along the lines of  No Lou... you're my favourite, grab Lou by his baggy band shirt that teased Harry by showing him all Lou's ink, and kiss him until his lips were raw... but he bit the inside of his cheek and shook the thought away. Ever since that night with Lou, Harry's mind had been filled with wild daydreams about him- Harry didn’t know how to stop them.

"Yup, it's still my favourite," he said quietly, and ate his sandwich as Lou looked over at him with a smile.