seven (rewrite)

tw: there are some harmful things in this chapter such as name calling, and abuse. please do not read if you are uncomfortable with that.

corbyn and daniel laid peacefully in their beds. the two needed to go to school the next day, so they needed their rest. it was quiet in the room, both boys were asleep as it was very early in the morning. corbyn, though, couldn't even get rest without reliving his past.

corbyn cowered in the corner of the living room when he heard his father come down the stairs. he'd been caught playing with dolls that his mother had previously bought him. he knew better than to ask for something that was girly, his father always said he wanted a boy and not a girl. corbyn knew that, but he couldn't help the way he felt.

"oh, corbyn, come out and talk to me," his father's menacing voice sounded somewhere in the living room.

he did not want to talk, corbyn knew that for a fact. he wanted to hurt corbyn to put it into his mind that what he did was wrong. he was a boy, not a girl. the boy was shaking in his spot, he couldn't even fight back. he was too little for being an eight year old. he thought about the last time something like this had happened. he'd been beaten so bad that he passed out, he had to hide the black and blue eye that was given to him. the young boy truly thought he deserved this just for being who he was. corbyn shrieked as his hair was pulled hard enough to rip some of his hair out.

"you know only little girls play with dolls. you're not a girl, corbyn." the man yelled as he threw the first punch in a spot where he'd already had a bruise.

corbyn sobbed at the blooming pain that was now in his stomach.

"shut the fuck up and take it. i will not have a faggot in my house," the elder was furious, his face a bright red.

that day was the first time that he'd cut corbyn. the boy thought he was going to bleed out, and he was prepared for it. he didn't want to be here if this was what he would have to deal with.

"corbyn!" the boy was awoken at the sound of someone's voice.

corbyn sobbed, "please, don't hurt me! i'm sorry!"

daniel's heart shattered at corbyn's state. he must have had a nightmare about something horrible. he'd guessed it was about the boy's father.

"no, baby, daddy's here. i've got you, you're alright," daniel held the boy close to his chest as he brought him to his own bed.

corbyn was so happy to realize that it was daniel who was here, and not his father. "daddy." the boy cried into daniel's chest.

he was thoroughly terrified at the thought of his father coming back. he knew he was safe with daniel. he would protect him from anything that came for him.

"yeah, it's me, honey. let it all out," daniel cooed at the distressed boy.

corbyn cried his little heart out, listening to the soothing sound of daniel's heartbeat and his voice. this was home, he belonged here with daniel. he knew he didn't want to be anywhere else but here. this was a safe space, daniel was right.

corbyn had settled back down after twenty or thirty minutes, daniel didn't care to check. "my poor baby, i love you."

he meant those words, and even though corbyn was asleep and couldn't truly hear him he felt the boy smile in his sleep. daniel decided to text corbyn's mom about what had just happened. she obviously wouldn't reply until a normal time of day, but it was good to ask and know about what had happened. he didn't expect corbyn to want to tell him about it, so he wouldn't make him. the two were soon sound asleep again, in each other's arms.