ten (rewrite)

the last few days had been sailing by for daniel and corbyn. they were happy together, corbyn was so much happier now compared to when he'd first gotten here. their mothers would be visiting them in a few minutes and they were excited.

"daddy, i get to see my momma!" corbyn shouted as he pranced around the house half dressed.

daniel just chuckled softly at his baby, "well, my love, we won't be able to go anywhere if you don't let me dress you."

corbyn pouted but walked over to his daddy nonetheless. he was ready for his mother to be here, to see the changes that he's made with himself. he hadn't even gone to therapy yet, daniel was like a therapist already. he knew he only needed daniel to help him through all of his pain.

"we ready now?" corbyn asked with his head titled slightly.

"yes, baby, we are ready. everyone should be coming in about thirty minutes," daniel replied to the ecstatic boy.

corbyn was absolutely restless for the next thirty minutes, but his whole demeanor changed once they started walking down to the commons. they would be meeting their mothers there and then they'd be going back to their dorm.

corbyn pointed at his mother, excitement clear on his face, "she's here, daddy!"

"oh, i see, how about we go get her?" daniel questioned and took corbyn's hand in his own.

corbyn nodded and bear hugged his mom when they got close, "hi, momma!"

"hello, baby, i missed you," saskia smiled happily at her son.

she could already see the difference in corbyn and she'd only been around him for a few seconds. he was clearly a lot happier and so much more joyful. he seemed full of life now, compared to two weeks ago when he was down about everything. but what saskia didn't know was that corbyn could switch back to his old self at anytime. this wasn't going to be permanent.

"hi, mom," daniel smiled at his mother and gave her a quick hug.

keri smiled at her son, hugging him back briefly, "hello, daniel, i've missed you."

"missed you too, mom," daniel stated with a grin adorning his face.

his baby was so excited right now. so happy to be around his mother. he was radiating happiness and he looked like a ball of sunshine. daniel was so happy for the boy being this happy himself. the smile on the boys face was bright and could turn any sad man into a happy one. daniel couldn't contain his coos at the little boy.

he picked his baby up and placed kisses all over his face, "my sweet boy."

corbyn's face turned red, "daddy," he whined softly, "don't embarrass me."

"i can't help it when you're the sweetest boy out there, baby. you're too cute not to embarrass, just showing my love for you," corbyn's heart warmed at the words daniel spoke to him.

he wasn't even thinking about the fact that he was acting like a child in front of a complete stranger, and his own mother. once it crossed his mind that started the fussing about. daniel tried to soothe him, clearly corbyn was in distress. quickly, he got them upstairs and in their dorm, their mothers traveling slowly behind; speaking to each other about what was going on. saskia had explained to keri that her son was a tough boy to handle, and that he didn't take authority or love very well. his brain couldn't comprehend the thought of so much love after feeling like he wasn't loved at home.

"honey, i know you're upset right now, but we don't have a reason to scream do we?" daniel's soft, calm voice tried to coax corbyn out of this state.