nine (rewrite)

"i don't want to go," corbyn whined just at daniel's words.

"but why don't you want to go," daniel asked softly.

he just needed an answer from corbyn about why he didn't want to go. he could help him through whatever it was and they could probably still make it on time.

corbyn blushed as he began to speak, "i just don't want anyone to make fun of me."

"oh, honey, no one is going to make fun of you. i can assure that, this is a judgement free school, where you can be who you want to," daniel explained to the little.

"promise?" corbyn asked nicely, "i promise, baby."

and that's how they got here, walking together down the halls of the school. corbyn pressed as close as he possibly can be to his daddy. there were a lot of people out in these hallways.

"are you okay, honey," daniel wondered as he felt corbyn shaking.

corbyn's anxiety was really high, he felt like he was going to have an anxiety attack. he just wanted to be in daniel's arms, "up," corbyn whined as he held his arms up in front of himself.

corbyn smiled happily when daniel pulled him into his arms. daniel had a guess on why corbyn was acting like this, and it had to do with anxiety. he needed to get corbyn to start taking his medication again. corbyn had terrible social anxiety and he worried for the boy, but he'd be with corbyn the whole time.

they finally reached their destination, room 213. they were greeted by an older looking lady who had a kind smile on her face. she directed them to their seats, there was only one. good because corbyn wasn't going to be leaving daniel's arms anytime soon. "doing okay, honey?"

corbyn hummed softly, "nervous."

"it's alright, i'll be with you the whole time. you're doing so good," daniel cooed, running his hand through corbyn's hair.

the class began, caregivers and littles spread out across the room. it wasn't so bad until the teacher, mrs. mcdonald, asked corbyn to introduce himself. the rest of the class already had and corbyn didn't want to. "you've got this, honey, i'm right here."

corbyn took a deep breath and began talking, "um, i'm corbyn, and i like to color and pick flowers."

he was meant to say a few things that he liked to do, and tell everyone who he was. "i like to color too!" a little boy named jack yelled from across the room.

the teacher chuckled and his daddy told him not to yell out. he enjoyed that boy, he seemed very kind. some kids he could tell didn't want to be here. they were the ones who had a frown on their face, and fought against their daddies. the ones who said things that were inappropriate for a classroom, even corbyn thought what some of them said did not belong in the room.

"you did so good, love! i'm so proud of you, i think you'll get a reward when we get home," daniel spoke excitedly into his baby's ear.

he was happy that corbyn was beginning to come out of his shell. he was becoming more okay with the school and the people that were around him all day.

corbyn smiled happily at the praise, he was doing good. he felt good, he was being a better version of himself. and normally he wouldn't be thinking like this, but now he was and it made him happy. excited to continue his life here.

the rest of the class was boring, not anything that corbyn cared about, but he still got homework! he was not very happy about that one. it wasn't anything strenuous, but that didn't mean he wanted to do it. once class was over the two headed back to their dorm, and they began their homework. everyone was sure corbyn had a learning disorder, but he didn't think so. so when he was doing his homework he finished very quickly, proud that he'd done what he needed to do.

"daddy, i'm done," he giggled.

daniel wanted to check over his answers, just to make sure. almost every single answer was wrong, and he didn't want to upset corbyn. he would've thought that corbyn just didn't try, but he knew the boy did because of what his mother had told him.

"hey, honey, how about we retry a couple of these?" daniel chided as he set the paper back down in front of the boy.

corbyn frowned, he didn't want to do them again, "why?"

"a couple of them are wrong, so how about we try to do them together?" daniel was trying his best not to do anything to upset corbyn.

corbyn reluctantly agreed, and daniel smiled. the two worked for about thirty minutes when it should've only taken ten at most. corbyn just couldn't understand what was going on on the paper. daniel was patient with the boy, helped him understand when he didn't already.

"look at that! all done, good job, honey," daniel smiled wide at the boy.

corbyn smiled back, no matter how much he didn't want to do this, daniel always found a way to make it better. "we did it together, daddy." corbyn reminded.

"you're right, we did, didn't we? i guess we should both get a reward then," daniel chuckled.

"cuddle and tv!" corbyn screeched out happily.

"of course, my love," daniel nodded and smiled down at the boy in his lap.

he really was in love with corbyn, the boy was too cute not to be. daniel got up and walked to the couch, the both of them got comfortable and then daniel turned the tv on. corbyn chose to watch cinderella, daniel enjoyed this choice too. it was around the boy's nap time, so he was laid on top of daniel's chest, the both of them laid down on the couch. daniel placed a blanket over top of corbyn as he began to fall asleep. soon they were both asleep on the couch.

{}{}{}

welcome to another chapter lmao. i like this one, so i hope you guys do too.

~s.🖤