- ONE

══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════I

══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════
I .. paradise city
══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════

take me down to the paradise city,
where the grass is green and the girls are pretty.

THE GUNS N' ROSES TRACK was playing at full volume as johnny started the car and drove off into the highway to pick up bella from work. he had just finished another long day of working in construction and couldn't wait to get home. he tapped on the steering wheel to the beat of the song as he drove on the busy los angeles highway that was packed with cars, anxious to get home as well.

once he arrived to the building where bella worked, he parked and smiled as he saw the beautiful brunette, with light blonde highlights, wave goodbye to her coworkers and exit the building. bella smiled as she opened the door to her boyfriend's red '89 pontiac firebird.

"hi honey!" bella smiled as she leaned in to place a kiss on her boyfriend's lips.

"hey princess." johnny smiled as he started the car and placed a hand on bella's thigh. "i missed you today."

"mmh, so did i." bella smiled as she softly bit her lip. she leaned in to kiss her boyfriend again as the couple softly groaned into the kiss. "well, i'm hungry, you?"

"starving." johnny smiled as he tucked a loose strand of hair behind bella's ear. "what are we getting?"

"burgers from the diner." bella smiled as she put her sunglasses on and placed her purse in the backseat. "on me."

"nope, they're on me." johnny smiled as he put his glasses back on and turned the radio up. "shit, did i miss you today."

"aren't you the sweetest, lawrence." bella laughed as she caressed her boyfriend's cheek and played with his blonde hair. he leaned over and placed his lips on bella's once more.

"so are you two gonna leave or just stay here making out?" a feminine voice said as the couple pulled away. it was jenna, bella's close friend that she met while at nyu. "you two do have an apartment to do that in, right?"

"oh will you shut it." bella laughed as she turned to jenna who was walking to her car. "i'll see you tomorrow."

"alright, i'll see you." jenna laughed as she got her keys out of her purse. "hey lawrence, take care of her, will you? we kinda need her."

"i'll guard her with my life, parker." johnny laughed as he wrapped his arm around bella, as she playfully rolled her eyes. the couple drove off into the busy los angeles streets with classic 80s rock music playing on the radio. bella took in the california sunset and the fresh sea breeze as ac/dc played on the radio. she definitely missed the valley while she was in new york, sure new york had its perks, but there was nothing like the good ol' san fernando valley.

・ ⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・ ⠄⠂⋆ ・

"i feel absolutely exhausted." bella said as she wrapped a towel around her body and put her hair up. "and it's only wednesday."

"we're halfway through the week princess." johnny smiled as he laid down on the bed and sighed. bella walked into the room and took out a short light purple night gown of her drawers. she set it on the bed as she walked in front of the mirror to brush her hair.

johnny smiled as he watched bella's every move. he stood up and walked to where she was standing, in front of the mirror and wrapped his arms around her waist while placing small kisses on her neck and shoulders. bella smiled as she put the brush down and tilted her head back.

"you couldn't wait to do that, huh?" bella sighed as she turned around to face her boyfriend and placed her arms around his neck.

"i just couldn't help myself." johnny smiled in between kisses. "fuck, you're so beautiful."

bella smirked and pressed her lips onto his once more. she groaned into the kiss as she wrapped her left leg around his waist, attempting to hold the towel in place. he held her close to him as the couple pulled away and pressed their foreheads together.

"i'd love to but i'm exhausted." bella softly giggled. "i'll fall asleep in the middle of it."

"it's fine. i'm exhausted too." johnny said as he laid back down on the bed and turned on the television to mtv. "so, what's new with you?"

"not much." bella sighed as she walked into the bathroom to change and blow dry her hair. "there's rumors around an opening for product manager. jenna overheard from dina, who overheard from someone up in marketing, but who knows if it's true."

"that sounds great." johnny said. "what is that?"

"that's the person that oversees production of the clothing line, organizes inventory for the fashion and runway shows ; stuff like that." bella smiled as she walked back into the bedroom. "the pay is great though, about $85,000."

"that's more than we make right now." johnny chuckled. "with that kind of money, we could get out of here and get a house. not that its bad up here, but i always told you that we'd get a place of our own."

"there's no rush and i know we will." bella smiled as she got under the covers. "maybe with that money i could pay my parents back, they've spent so much of it on this apartment, it'd be nice to pay them."

"i also have to start paying my mom back." johnny sighed as he ran a hand through his hair. "she's given me money without sid knowing, but i'm afraid he's gonna suspect something. if he finds out where this money's going, he'll kill her. son of a bitch hates me so much, he was practically jumping for joy the day i moved out."

"i still don't know how your mom got stuck with an asshole like that." bella sighed. "she's so humble and loving and deserves someone better. she's been like a second mother to me and i'm grateful."

"she adores you." johnny smiled as he played with bella's hands. "i mean, who could blame her right? you're perfect. she's told me that you're the daughter she's always wanted and i told her that she soon will be, if i get lucky."

"oh really?" bella smirked as she placed her head on his chest. "wow, that's something i thought i'd never hear from you, which makes me love you even more."

"you know i've always been crazy for you." johnny smiled as he held bella close to him. "ever since you bumped into me and spilled your cherry coke everywhere, remember?"

"and you had to mention that." bella laughed. "at least it spilled on the floor and not on that precious red leather jacket of yours."

"it wouldn't have mattered." johnny smiled.

"oh shut up." bella laughed. "you and i both know that jacket meant the world to you and for some chick to come and ruin it with her cherry coca-cola would've been a tragedy."

"yeah, you're right." johnny sighed as he played with bella's hair. "but now, it would've been worth it because i wouldn't be holding that chick right now."

"aw and i think the guy who's holding the chick who spilled her coke, is full of it." bella laughed as she softly placed her lips on his. "well, memory lane was fun, but i think i'm gonna head to sleep now. good night darling."

"night, princess."