- TWELVE

══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════XII

══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════
XII ... just like old times
══════⊹⊱❖⊰⊹══════

FILES WERE SPREAD ACROSS BELLA'S desk as she completed a batch of paperwork then put it aside to file later. aside from the constant ringing of phones, the only thing heard in bella's office was the soft sound of the radio playing janet jackson's escapade. as she hummed along, she heard a knock on her office door.

"come in, jenna." bella smiled as she signed off some papers, as jenna walked in. "you don't always have to knock, y'know?"

"yeah i know." jenna laughed as she sat down on one of bella's chairs. "so this is what having your own office feels like?"

"my favorite part about having this job; having my own office." bella smiled as she got up from her chair and walked to the filing cabinet, placing a folder inside.

"yeah, you're locked in here every day." jenna chuckled as looked at a photo that adorned bella's desk, both taken by chrissy. one was the picture taken right after graduation and the other was of bella and johnny; both smiling with johnny's arms around bella.

"you about done looking at my pictures, parker?" bella laughed as she sat back down in her chair.

"you two look so cute here." jenna smiled as she placed the framed photo back onto her desk. "speaking of cute, guess who called?"

"i'm guessing jimmy?" bella laughed as she opened up another batch of paperwork. "you think i haven't noticed you stuck to that phone all day, talking to him? i think he likes you."

"he's so sweet, but we've only been on one date." jenna smiled as she played with her watch. "well, tonight would make two."

"he invited you to have dinner with us up in encino, huh?" bella smirked as jenna chuckled. "just a lucky guess?"

"oh you're good." jenna said, getting up from the chair.

"i try." bella smirked. "so, we'll see you there for dinner?"

"i'm nervous about this." jenna nervously laughed. "i mean, we've only been on one date, but i really like him."

"and i'm pretty sure he likes you." bella said as she flipped through the file, double checking it. "you'll be fine, besides you'll love encino."

"and i'll finally get to meet your mother-in-law." jenna smiled as she stood at the doorway.

bella chuckled as she signed off on some more paperwork. "get back to work." she smiled. "we'll see you there at 7:45?"