XV. P R O M I S E S

-
V I O L E T T E
-

I hesitantly closed the office door behind me before returning my gaze back over to him. He looked just as amazingly put together today like any other days I have been accompanied with him at the office. The black button down was rolled up to his elbow, showing the tickle of ink he had done on his skin. It was almost fascinating to see a man so perfect to have some kind of daring side, a side that he kept tucked behind his groomed suits and the doors of his bedroom.

I almost flinched as he placed the inked pen that he was using to review the file on the table. His eyes raked me up and down before settling right on mine. It was intimidating to say the least, but I knew breaking rules of his were not the only times I had felt that way.

"I'm sorry Mr.Efrain. I didn't mean to delay coming to the office, but an unexpected visit at my apartment caused it." I explained, hoping he would at least consider my statement thoroughly before pondering me down with his punishment.

"I don't remember asking why Ms.Rossi. I remember telling you that you were to be disciplined about time if I am not wrong," he kept his eyes locked with mine as he spoke, leaving me almost breathless. This was not appropriate in any way, not how I was tempted by his punishment and not how he was wanting to discipline me.

He got up from his chair before making his way around the only thing in our way, the wooden desk promptly placed in his office. I instinctively backed a step without noticing, but of course he noticed my miscalculated move.

"It won't happen again Mr.Efrain." I continued, even though I knew deep inside I was yearning to find out what he had in mind to discipline my lateness.

He seemed to ignore my promise as he made his way closer to where I was standing. I didn't know whether I was to step back further or to remain situated in my position, but one again my feet seemed to move on their accord almost as if they wanted to tempt the man I called my boss.

I would call it an hallucination, but I could have sworn I saw his lips curve up for the briefest moment before he put his pitiful act of dominance back on for everyone to admire. But, that was the thing with Ruben and I, we both wanted to keep our acts on all while fighting the temptation of letting go. It was undeniable that we both in a way were far too similar than different.

We both grew with a family name that had rules and expectations we were to live up to and if this weren't the case, I would have doubted our attraction as something unusual. It is all rubbish in the books that claim that opposites are meant to attract because how can two people so different put all their differences aside just to hold up a relationship.

The truth was that two people that are similar in every way are the ones that have the undeniable connection. The connection that can be made through two people that are struggling to keep up with a world of absolute greed and power. The type of greed that can leave us homeless from our own soul and the power that could leave us begging on the streets for a minute of a stranger's attention or love.

As if now it was only the truth that both Ruben and I were in a fire that would end up burning us both if not killing us alive.

My back met the wooden door behind me that was already tightly shut from everyone's prying eyes, not that anyone wandered around the ninth floor of the building without a reason. That was one of the many rules that Ruben had in place for the office building.

My eyes followed him as he leaned down to my ear as if this was a dirty secret only meant to be kept between us two and not even the four walls of this office were allowed to be let in on.

"How about we start by making promises we will keep Violette." Each syllable of his sentence hit me hard as I could feel him close enough and yet so far away as he made no move to pull in nearer. I gasped as his hands grasped the sides of my waist, in a grip that was firm enough to put his point across, but not one that would leave me with bruises when I left his office.

My hands immediately splayed onto the top of his collared shirt, right where his heart was thumping so quietly, as if it was not trying to sneak its way into my mind. He was trying to corrupt me and if I knew it any better I knew he was succeeding at doing so.

We were almost as close as were last night, but this touch feels more dominant than the interaction we had shared last night. As if last night he had let me see into his mercury steel eyes, today he had them shut so close that even if I tried I would be left to know nothing. I would know nothing of what was running on his mind at the moment and I would know nothing of his intentions with his hands grasping onto waist right now.

"For someone who follows rules Violette, you don't seem to be doing a very great job of proving that right." He whispered right on top of my lips. Close enough to kiss, but still far enough to pull away any moment.

"I do follow my rules Mr.Efrain, I'm not the only one that goes around making promises I can't keep." He seemed to catch the double meaning behind my sentence because his next words left me putty in his hands.

"I do keep my promises Violette and I remember one being that us Efrians don't like to share what belongs to us." And that was when realization dawned on me, he thought I had come late because I was with a company that wasn't just friendly.

-

Hi everyone! I know I pop in and out, but I have been going through some rough days. I'm just taking some time out for myself! I hope all of you are doing great and I hope you all know how much appreciate your support! Love you all!

author instagram | erotica_iris_grace
twitter | eroticairis
email | eroticairisgrace@gmail.com
facebook | jazmine iris grace

J. Iris Grace

please vote and comment!