XVII. L O S T A N D F O U N D

-
V I O L E T T E
-

Everyone knows who Ruben Efrain is, a multi billionaire who runs the covers of magazines attracting the attention of many. Ruben Efrain is the man who stays polished in his overly expensive custom made suits and pops a bottle of the highest quality champagne to celebrate.

But, of course, like everyone, no one knew Ruben. The man who drinks whisky in the morning to get through the waves of emotion. The man who shamelessly comments on my behavior, but glints in pride at the tinge of red on my cheeks along with the quickening of my breath. Ruben is the man who would throw you in the deep end to see if you can swim and would happily let you drown if that meant you could be his.

In more than many ways he is just like my father. He's ruthless. He's manipulative. He's controlling. But, he's also a human handed the costume of a monster. Ruben Efrain could never get his hands covered in blood like Rafael Rossi. My father painted his world red in order to have a chance to find his daughter, those lengths can only be crossed by a few.

"I never like you quite Ms.Rossi, it makes you almost look like you doubt yourself." He comments before walking towards me with slow measuring steps, the one a predator takes towards his prey to make sure it doesn't scare it away before the hunt.

"You're drunk, and you would most likely wouldn't be saying these words if you weren't under the influence Mr.Efrain." I retorted, not daring to glance in those liquid steel eyes that would happily cage me prisoner.

The liberty of looking anywhere, but he was taken away instantly as his fingers grabbed my face and lifted it off the floor.

"Look at me when I talk to you Violette." He whispers so sternly that I almost feel the urge to hide myself away from him, where he wouldn't look at me, trying to solve me like a secret he's willing to keep hidden.

"You're drunk." I repeat, slightly backing away from him. But, the firm grip on my face doesn't budge in the slightest.

"I may be drunk Ms.Rossi, but you are in your full conscience." He says.

"Mind telling me why your cheeks are flushed pink and you're pulse drumming so fast?"

I never replied to his question because it was pointless when you didn't even have an answer. What was there left to say or in this case confess. Even the church wouldn't want to know about the dark hidden desires of humans, so what was the point in confessing them to him? A priest preaches the name of the lord to get heaven, but sinners sin their way to hell just so they can have heaven on earth.

"You know Ms.Rossi, when I was a little boy my parents always told me I could have anything without needing to share. I believed them back then. It was that easy to trust them. But, the catch was I would share myself with the so-called title of the Efrains. I guess they were right, I didn't have to share one thing, my feelings." His pain matched mine so perfectly, the only difference was my last name connected me to blood and the loss of my sister.

I had to share my sister and then I had to share my love to heal my mother who slowly faded away like the wallpapers of our home. I learned to share because ruining myself seemed a better option than ruining my whole world, my whole world that my parents still lived in.

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry you lost yourself." I said honestly because at the end of the day there is nothing left, but fake apologies that were hoped to heal real heartbreaks.

"I didn't lose myself Violette, no one just ever tried hard enough to find me." Tears filled my eyes at his words. His grasp on my face loosened as he stepped away from me completely.

Rafael was lost and his Ravenna found him. Ruben is lost as well and maybe one day he would find his Ravenna.

-

Sorry, I got lost in the woods and finally made my way back! Just kidding, I know this chapter was extremely short, but believe me I'm working on a longer one already to justify my disappearing act. The comments on wattpad aren't working so leave me your thoughts under the chapter update on my announcement board! Love you all though!

author instagram | erotica_iris_grace
twitter | eroticairis
email | eroticairisgrace@gmail.com
facebook | jazmine iris grace

J. Iris Grace

please vote and comment!