V. Z E U S

-
V I O L E T T E
-

I woke up to a room enveloped with the ticking of the clock bannered on the wall in front of me. I removed the sheets off me before pulling the blinds away from the glass wall that showcased the mesmerizing view of the city. Even though Manhattan was embedded with the various shades of dark grey clouds like a shield, I couldn't have found a weather more threatening.

The weather reminded me of the incoming danger. The clouds were served as threats of the upcoming storm. It was a warning served on the plains of the sky yet some would choose to deny the fact that a storm was brewing behind those clouds. And for those that choose to deny the threat, would be the ones that would be afraid when the lightening struck. Those clouds reminded me of those grey eyes. The ones that held the same power and if not more. The ones that had held the same warning and threat because even I knew behind those grey colored eyes was a storm so massive that even Zeus would have to sit down and admire his work.

I turned my back on the greyscale in front of me and headed for the shower.

-

I zipped the creme bodycon dress before glancing at myself in the mirror. I had always admired the color of my eyes because they resembled much like my mother's. I was a pretty much a carbon copy of my father when it came to looks, but my eyes were something I had gotten from my mother. I always thought her eyes were beautiful just like my father would say. But, there was something in hers that I could seem to never have in mine. It was something so peaceful yet so passionate and till this day I had never been able to solve this mystery. Some things are just meant to be left unsolved just like those books that are left in cliffhangers. They are meant to leave one restless at night and potentially heartbroken.

I pulled away from the mirror after brushing my hair smooth before clipping it with a beige clip. Applying the gentle shade of beige on my lips, I replaced my bare feet with a pair of creame colored heels. The clock struck 6 which also served as the reminder of the time slipping out of my hands, not that it was something one could grasp anyways.

I grabbed the watch my father had gifted me and wrapped it around the circumference of my wrist. He told me it would serve as a reminder that even if the time isn't ours to slow down we would be the ones to decide who we choose to spend it on. I released a exhale before walking out of the room and grabbing my belonging laid out neatly on the counter I headed towards the exit.

I made sure the apartment was locked and headed down where the sleek black was already ready to escort me to my needed destination. Gavrill looked slightly tensed which grabbed my attention immediately.

"Is everything okay Gavrill?" I questioned cautiously as if I was afraid to know what had him so tensed. The fact that something doesn't usually bother a man like Gavrill so quick, alarmed me.

"Everything is fine Ms.Rossi." I just nodded knowing if he was hiding something it would take a lot more than me asking him for me to figure out the actual initiation of the issue.

I was so transfixed by the glistening glass of buildings passing by that I didn't realize that he had parked the vehicle outside the building before I looked up and read EFRAIN written in bold letters. I picked up all my belongings before bidding Gavrill goodbye which he responded with a good day.

I caught my reflection as I walked into the glass building and was disappointed on how perfect it reflected. Some people may be obsessed over the idea of perfection, but me on the other hand believed perfection was an illusion and a image your mind portrays to be perfect. Perfect means different things to different people and for me perfection meant to be able to feel human and normal. But, that seemed impossible when all I felt was inhuman and abnormal, the polar opposite.

As I made my way over to the receptionist, she was quick to give a warm smile my way. I instantly smiled back and walked over to her.

"Good morning Ms.Rossi." She greeted.

"Please, call me Violette." I requested as she smiled brighter before nodding.

"Mr.Faddei has left your file at your cabin with all the needed information. He will be out for the day for something work related, so if you need anything he reminded me to let you know he's available through email."

"Thank you, I'll head up then." I answered as she nodded in understanding.

The elevator wasn't difficult to find as I knew where it was located and before I knew, I had reached the ninth floor of the building. The office door that I had signed the documents in was closed shut just as it was yesterday. The name plate with his name was the only thing in sight which made me wonder if he was even ever in there to start with.

I headed in the direction of my cabin which was also closed shut. I opened the wooden door and was instantly was greeted with the smell of fresh lavender. I placed my belongings on the charcoal wooden desk. The leather file was indeed right next to the computer on the desk and I was quick to grab it.

The file was labeled with my name and I carefully opened it to reveal its contents. There were several access codes along with caller codes which were to be used in the work phone of access the different departments of the building. Then there was a set of names highlighted which I believed were the most prioritized clients as following their name were their role in the company's success.

What shocked me the most was the people on the list were highly influential and weren't just ordinary company owners. They held power that could easily advice the company to the top in the best way possible. My fingers raked through the list of names before I was reaching towards the end of it.

"You look like you have found something to your liking."

-

Thank you for reading! I hope you guys enjoyed the chapter and the next chapter would be out shortly. Thank you for being patient with me as I catch up in some other work on the side. Make sure to contact me if you ever are in need of someone to talk to.

author instagram | erotica_iris_grace
twitter | eroticairis
personal instagram | jas_mine_k._
email | eroticairisgrace@gmail.com
facebook | jazmine iris grace

J. Iris Grace

please vote and comment!