IV. G R E Y

-
V I O L E T T E
-

The Efrains were known to be highly confidential. In a world full of scandals it wouldn't be a surprise for another one to be created if rival companies were given to much information on them. Eduard Efrain, Ruben's father hesitated to hand over his business to his older son knowing that this will make him a potential target of many, but the man wasn't aging backwards.

Efrains were not only possessive of what belonged to them, but they were also heartless when it came into claiming their territory. No one goes to the lion's territory hoping to make it out alive because if a lion starts showing mercy then everyone in the kingdom under him would start to expect him to forgive. A mistake made must be balanced with a punishment. This act is what teaches the one beneath another the mere principal of discipline.

A perfect family was what you saw when someone talked about the Efrains. I was almost shocked not to see a perfect family portrait on one of the walls. But, when you pick up any luxurious magazine you won't be surprised to see a perfect family to grace your eyes, titled the Efrains.

"I understand Mr.Efrain." I answered as I pulled myself out of my encountering thoughts. He nodded before waiting for me to sign myself over. I briefly remembered the control my father had over me, not because he hated me, but because he loved me too much. He was too afraid to lose me which only made him more possessive, but now that I come to think of it this is something different. Ruben Efrain doesn't love and this is definitely not a act of care. It's a act of discipline, because he wanted to remind me that I would be working underneath him even if it was with him.

I uncapped the heavy pen before opening the contract of rules. I wasn't hesitant though because hesitation was what only the weak expressed. The strongest even bleed in silence and that is what I have been doing for years, bleeding in silence. I signed the document before closing the file. Ruben Efrain may start the game of obedience now. I'm his puppet with my strings connected to my master.

"You may leave now Ms.Rossi. You would be reporting to me tomorrow morning at 7 sharp. Mr.Faddei will give you access codes to the crucial aspects of the company along with the files you are in charge of tomorrow." I only listened knowing that he could care less of how I choose to give my attention.

"Goodbye Mr.Efrain." I bided before grabbing my leather file and heading towards the exit of the office.

"And Ms.Rossi." I paused in my tracks before waiting for him to continue.

"I hate people that can't obey, hopefully you won't disappoint." I nodded before heading out of the office. It felt like a million bricks were taken off of my chest as I deflated in a long exhale.

I walked down the halls of the ninth floor before passing the only other office on the floor. I was surprised to see it labeled with my name. Violette Rossi was printed on a metal name plate and now firmly planted on the wooden door, one similar to Ruben's. Underneath my name was my position. Personal Assistant was written in a tinier font. I gently touched the silver name plate before pulling away and walking back in the direction to the elevator.

As I pressed the arrow pointing towards the ground floor, I could feel someone looking upon me. It couldn't have been me just being paranoid or having a made up hallucination. When the elevator doors propped open I walked right in before turning to meet those grey eyes and just like that I forgot how to breathe. I was cut off from drowning in those pools of liquid mercury as the elevator doors closed shut.

My phone started to vibrate as I pulled myself from the transfixed image of Ruben Efrain. Pulling out my device, I was instantly greeted with my dad's caller id. As much as I didn't want to pick up at the moment, I knew he wouldn't hesitate to come himself if I were to not ensure him of my safety. I took a deep breathe in before answering the call.

"Good evening dad." I answered as I noticed the numbers of the floors approaching the ground floor.

"Good evening Violette. How was your day?" I smiled knowing this was one of his ways to ask whether if I was safe or not.

"It was perfect dad, how was yours?" I questioned back.

"Same old for me." He replied chuckling.

"How's mom?" I asked as I heard him think about the question before answering.

"She's doing okay honey." I sighed while walking out of the elevator back down the halls towards the exit of thr glass building.

"Let me know if you need anything Violette and take care. Make sure you keep Gavrill updated about your location." I inhaled a long breathe before letting it go.

"I will dad."

"Alright, take care honey." I smiled knowing this was his way of expressing love.

"You too dad." I replied before cutting the line dead.

As I passed the receptionist, she smiled before nodding goodbye. I just returned her gesture before heading out the same doors I had used to enter the building. Immediately, the sleek black Porsche pulled up to greet me. Gavrill was indeed in the driver's seat and I entered the back of the car. He was there to ensure my father didn't get grey hair from the stress of his younger daughter getting killed or worse taken away.

I looked out the car window once again, knowing that my sister was punished with that fate. Taken away at a barely of any age, we were yet to find her. 23 years and yet no one knew where Rafael Rossi's older daughter disappeared. It was if she never existed, it was as if someone had her erased from the existence of her very being. We could only hope that we weren't 23 years to late because even though I was the daughter that had been besides my father for all those years, I could see the longing in eyes that only the find of his older daughter would be able to fill. He has been painted in so much blood in these years, even though he doesn't show it, I know he won't quit till he is covered in every potential suspects' blood.

"We're here Ms.Rossi." I glanced at my surroundings and noticed the apartment building. I picked up my leather file sitting on the car seat beside me before stepping out of the car.

"Thank you." I replied as he nodded and drove off to the underground parking lot.

I made sure to not focus on many as I headed towards the elevator. Pressing the eleventh floor, I was ready to study all the objectives needed for tomorrow. I closed my eyes at the mention of tomorrow, it was going to be a fresh taste that would surely be left on my memory. After all now I had to work under the Efrains.

-

Thank you for reading! Make sure to follow me on my author instagram to get sneak peaks on upcoming stories and chapters. Feel free to contact me if you need someone to talk to!

author instagram | erotica_iris_grace
twitter | eroticairis
personal instagram | jas_mine_k._
email | eroticairisgrace@gmail.com
facebook | jazmine iris grace

J. Iris Grace

please vote and comment!