III. B L O O D

-
V I O L E T T E
-

I was toxic and I knew that. Someone that has blood of a powerful being running through their veins can only be just as powerful if not more. This image of me reeked of perfection because us humans were good at one thing, lies. But, little do you know, that the truth held way more power. Power to destroy even the most toxic of the predators because at the end of the day the lie was only told to hide something darker, the truth.

Ruben Efrain was a well known business man. Not only had he accomplished a lot at the age of 28, but the man was known for his heavy charity involvement, something not a lot of wealthy men of his age are interested in the moment. Actually not many men of his age enjoyed pursing such position in the business world because with a position of power comes enemies just as powerful. His biggest enemy was as he stated in his last interview, was yet to be discovered. A man who owns a closet full of expensive suits and with even more costly secrets.

I opened the wooden door to a sight new to my eyes. A very well dressed man in a steel grey suit that went a little too well with his eyes. His eyes which resembled liquid mercury, which almost held the same power that my father's cyan blue eyes held. His obsidian hair was perfectly styled along with a sharp posture of his spine which commanded obedience. He adored a light stubble that framed his sharp jaw perfectly. He looked air brushed right off of an expensive magazine, the ones you would only find laying around in five star hotels.

"Ms.Rossi."

"Mr.Efrain." I answered.

His voice was just like how I had imagined, authoritative. I had listened to his speeches which were well known throughout the tabloids. He was a man of respect and power and I wouldn't have expected anything less.

My heels clicked on the black marble of the floor as I approached towards his finely polished wooden desk which covered a great length of the office. The wall length glass window gave the perfect view of the water body running along. It was a beautiful sight indeed. But, keeping myself reserved I laid the leather file on his desk before looking into those cold steel eyes that held a warning. A warning to stay away from a person like him.

"You must be the new hired PA." He questioned while he grabbed the file placed neatly on the edge of his desk. The tension in the room was thick enough for a bullet to cut through.

"Yes." I answered. His questions felt like an interrogation because not only did his cologne fill my lungs, but it was ready to corrupt my soul.

"Impressive Ms.Rossi, it's hard to find a woman like you these days." I looked down at him while my hands rested flat on the side of my skirt in fear they might start shaking if given too much freedom.

"Thank you Mr. Efrain." I answered back remembering the leather file held my education values along with the several degrees that suited fit for this job if not a higher position. But, I only wanted my education to represent my value at the moment not my name and he was a perfect judge for that. I know he wasn't the man to bluff.

"Violette Rossi, it seems like I have heard that name somewhere if my memory serves me right." I looked at him with a look void of any emotions. This is what I feared, I didn't want him to know who I was. It would ruin the whole point of moving to Manhattan. I wanted to escape my name and this would have been a perfect way if he was to not recognize me. I wanted to be just Violette, a normal girl who aspires to be like her mother and held the honesty of her father.

"I doubt that Mr.Efrain, I have only moved to Manhattan a handful of days ago." He looked at me as if he could easily detect the sly lie I had fed him. But, as he hummed in response all I could do was wait for him to continue asking anything worthy of his attention.

"Well Ms.Rossi, as you must be well aware already, I seek to keep my privacy on the top of my priorities and I would expect you to do the same. You are to not talk about the matters related to the Efrains with anyone besides the Efrains themselves." I nodded while I placed the palm of my hand on the rim of my dress skirt.

"And if you were to breach that rule there would be heavy consequences which may include legal charges." It was an understatement that he intimidated me because this man was capable of making an innocent sweat.

"I understand Mr.Efrain." He closed the leather file up before reaching out to the file sitting next to his laptop. He got up from his chair as he walked around the length of the desk along with its width. I stood where I was, but followed his steps like a prey does of its predator who might pounce on it at any chance it got. The clicks of his shoes only kept me at the bay of fear.

He placed the file in front of me along with a pen which he pulled out from the inside of his blazer before placing it next to the file.

"It's a contract of agreement Ms.Rossi, it states that you have agreed to accept the terms that follow this position along with the consequences of breaking any of them. It also ensures that if you were to leave the Efrains you would be also be suspended from the opportunity of being hired at any of the rival companies." I looked at him in surprise. The last statement was a new addition to the terms, but nonetheless a little unnecessary.

"And why is that?" I questioned as he shifted his attention back towards me. He stepped a little closer yet still kept a safe distance between the two of us. Only now I was able to see all of his prominent features in great detail, a masterpiece indeed he was.

"Efrains don't like to share what's theirs Ms.Rossi."

-

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed the chapter. The next chapter will be out shortly after a few days. Make sure to contact me if there are any questions regarding anything. I hope you all are doing well!

author instagram | erotica_iris_grace
twitter | eroticairis
personal instagram | jas_mine_k._
email | eroticairisgrace@gmail.com
facebook | jazmine iris grace

J. Iris Grace

please vote and comment!