Chapter 20

CHAPTER 20

Dexter's POV:

The sky was changing it's color from pitch black to dawned blue. It's nearly midnight and Delia's still awake. We dragged her to the nearest hospital when I saw her fell into my arms with blood coming out from her mouth. Silence fell all over the place after the loud bang that penetrated Delia's back. I didn't heard a thing but Delia's sudden gasp. 

I don't have any idea on what was going on in the bar earlier. All I know is I might strangle Cree to death if something serious happened to Delia. 

All these white walls are making me dizzy. I heard a loud yawn from my left, I almost forgot that Serge is beside me. It's his 17th yawn since 11 pm. Yes, I counted it, I'm so bored that I even observed that the nurses also had same socks when on duty. 

"Can't we just go home and come back tomorrow? I'm exhausted," Said Serge as he let out his 18th yawn. 

"If you want to go home, then go! I didn't dragged you here, you came here the moment you heard the news, it's not my fault anymore."  

Serge sighed and leaned on his back, with closed eyes trying to sleep. I'm in the opposite sofa, just few steps from the operating room where Delia's being treated. 

I can hear the clock ticking, the water dispenser blobbing, and Serge snoring. Tiredness and sleepiness took over my body, and I finally slept. 

I felt like something's pressed to my weight. My head is throbbing like crazy.

"Dexter... Dexter, wake up..." 

It's a familiar voice. I tried to open my eyes, only to be blinded by white lights in the ceiling. 

The familiar voice... It was Meghan.

"Meghan? What are you doing here? Where's Delia? Is the operation over?" 

A familiar grin flashed through Meghan's face, "She's well kept, Dexter... We can now live harmoniously..." 

"W-what are you talking about?" 

"Wala na si Delia... She's lost her last breath; she's dead..."

-

Charaught ishafrank! Happy April fool's! 🤪
Hindi i2 totoong update, walang mamamatay, ha.