Chapter 10- Glader Tradition

Thomas
"So this video is showing a tradition they did in the glade" Kate said. "Oh yeah this was when Alby gave me a serious talk" I said. "about what" Minho asked.

"Well you'll see in a minute" I replied.

Thomas was lying asleep in his hammock when Alby walks up to him "Thomas" he says and puts a hand over his mouth.

"Surely that hammock was uncomfortable" Ethan said. I shrugged "you got used to it".

Thomas's eyes snap open Alby puts a finger to his lips telling him to be quiet. He then takes his hand off his mouth and whispers "come with me". Thomas rolls out of the hammock and put his shoes on. They start walking away from the others.

"You know watching it now I should have been way more scared he could have been leading me away to kill me" I explained. Everyone laughed at me. "What it's true".

"It's peaceful isn't it, you know it's hard to believe but it wasn't always this way we had dark days" Alby said. Thomas then looked down and saw he was holding a knife.

"Ok now I see what you mean" Aris said looking at me.

"We lost a lot of boys to fear to panic but we've come far since then established order made peace" Alby carried on as they both stopped looking over at the glade. "Why are you telling me this" Thomas asked looking confused

"Yeah he never told any of us this even though we were some of the first out there" Minho complained. "Just listen" I replied.

Alby then said "because your not like the others your curious but your one of us now you need to know what that means" he passed the knife to Thomas.

"Well he wasn't wrong" Gally said "although this speech did absolutely nothing because you were still way to curious". I rolled my eyes.

Thomas looked behind him and saw a wall of names, the gladers names.

"Oh thank god I thought it was going to be some kind of blood ritual" my dad said. And I laughed "nope that's only ever in beacon hills". "Exactly we weren't that crazy" Frypan exclaimed.

"What happened to them" Thomas said pointing to the names that have been crossed off. "Like I said Thomas dark days" Alby replied. Thomas then started carving his name.

Once the video had ended I heard sniffing. I looked around and saw Brenda crying which never happens. I got out of my seat and crouched down infront of her.

"Hey what's wrong" I asked softly. "How could you not tell me" she spoke angrily. "What Brenda what are you talking about" I asked. "The wall it had the name George crossed out" she answered.

"Oh shit" I whispered. "You knew" she sobbed out. New tears fell down her face. "Look Brenda I..." I started. "No just get away from me" she answered and shoved my shoulder.

Jorge ran over and tried to calm Brenda down. "Get him away from me" she was saying pointing at me. Jorge turned around "I don't know what this is about but please can you just leave us for a minute hermano". I nodded and walked towards the packs side of the room where Brenda couldn't see me.

The pack was asking what was going on but I couldn't tell them. Once I couldn't hear crying anymore I made my way back to the others. "NO YOU GET AWAY FROM HER" Jorge shouted at me. Obviously Brenda told him.

"Jorge I did it to save her from all this pain". "HE WAS HER BROTHER" he shouted. "I understand that but she had made peace with not knowing i was protecting her" I said calmly.

"Just both of you stop it Jorge I'm fine Thomas I don't want to talk to you right now" she said which broke my heart a little. We were so close and I may have just ruined it.

"Look I don't want to be rude but what the fuck just happened" peter asked and before I could tell him to shut up Kate answered.

"Basically Brendas brother was called George and was taken by WCKD he was then put in a maze Thomas's maze. But he killed himself before Thomas got there anyway Thomas saw his name was crossed off and he saw his grave and when Brenda told him and George Thomas here failed to mention he was dead" she finished.

"Oh" I heard someone say. "Just get on with the next video" I said not wanting to be judged by everyone.

Hey guys two in a row aren't we lucky.

As always please vote and comment it really helps me out.

Thanks🖤