Chapter 8- Newt's explaination

Thomas
Right now that everyone is back in there seats. "People in the pack you will get a lot of answers from this video it is when Newt explains the maze to Thomas/Stiles".

I decided not to say anything in reply like Kate was expecting me too I just sat silently when the video started.

Thomas and Newt said we're still sat down leaning on the log of tree. "Trust me the maze is a dangerous place" Newt said drinking the glader drink.

"I never really understood what he meant" I whispered.

"We're trapped here arnt we" Thomas said.

"Stiles seriously is that not even a little bit obvious" Peter said. I rolled my eyes "I just wanted to make sure".

"For the moment" Newt said he then started to turn around "but see these guys there by the fire" he pointed to a group of boys including Minho who were sat down and eating.

"Minho you look so moody and boring" Lydia said. "Well I was until this shank came along" he replied nudging me.

Newt carried on "those are the runners and that guy in the middle there that's Minho he's the keeper of the runners. And every morning when those doors open they run the maze mapping it memorising it trying to find a way out".

"That makes a lot more sense now" Scott said.

"How long have they been looking" Thomas asked. "3 years" Newt replied.

"I still can't believe you guys lasting in there 3 years I wasn't even in there for a week and I nearly lost my mind" I said. Everyone laughed.

"Yeah what about WiFi I assume there was non there" Liam said. "I'm pretty sure they won't have had phones Liam" Hayden said hitting him on the back of his head. "Oh" he said and I laughed.

"And they haven't found anything" Thomas said.

"Son have I taught you to be that rude" my dad said. I went red with embarrassment "I didn't really think" I mumbled. My dad just huffed.

"It's a lot easier said than that done" Newt said annoyed.

"Ha Newt got annoyed at you so much it was actually hilarious" Minho said. "He really was mum of the group" Gally replied. "Yeah the amount of times he shouted at me for being rude or not thinking before I did something was ridiculous" I said laughing.

"Listen" Newt said and pointed up. There was a low grumbling sound. "You hear that that's the maze changing, changes every night". "How's that even possible" Thomas questioned.

"That can't happen the walls are so big it just couldn't happen" Mason said. "It did" Frypan replied.

"You can ask the people who put us here if you ever meet the bastards" Newt said.

"Oh my God" Gally said. "What" everyone asked. "He swore Newt actually swore". "Oh yeah" Minho also said. "Umm what's going on" Scott asked.

"Well it's like we said Newt was the mum of the group and for some reason it always angered him whenever anyone swore" Minho answered.

"Yeah I remember my first week in the glade and I was swearing every minute and Newt actually threatened to put me in the pit" Gally said.

"Can we please finish the video now" Kate said and played it anyway.

"Listen the truth is the runners are the only ones who really know what's out there, they are the strongest and the fastest of all of us".

Minho put his arm up flexing his muscles. I just rolled my eyes again for fifth time.

"And it's a good thing to be because is that don't make it back before those doors close then they are stuck out there for the night and no ones ever survived a night in the maze".

"Jeez that sounds really creepy" Melissa said. "You don't know the half of it" Gally replied.

"What happens to them" Thomas asked. "Well we call them grievers of course no ones ever seen one and lived to tell about it but there out there."

"I swear that gave me even more questions" Scott said and the pack nodded. It's weird seeing all that" Brenda suddenly said "I mean you told us what happened in the scorch but actually seeing it is so different".

"Yeah hermano you did well getting them out" Jorge said looking at me. "Wait you got them out did not expect that" Jackson said. I decided not to comment because it would only lead to punches being thrown.

"What's next" I said with fake enthusiasm.

Hiii sorry it took me a little longer than usual to update I have a lot of school work and 3 books that I am updating at the moment. Please comment and leave feedback and ideas thanks 🖤