Chapter 4- Moving on

December 11th 10:15 am

Karl rolled over in his large double bed, stretching out into the cold, empty space beside him. He missed her so goddamn much it hurt. As he pulled himself up out of bed, he picked up his mint green iPhone to see if there were any calls or messages from her. None. After staring sadly at the screen for a few seconds he put his phone down, only to hear it ring as soon as it touched his pillow. He picked it back up to see Ellie's beautiful contact photo staring back at him and he pressed the green accept button on face time almost immediately. 

"Good morning!" Her sweet voice put a smile on Karl's face immediately, even if he couldn't see her in person.

"Morning baby, did you get there ok?" He asked pushing his long brown hair out of his face. Ellie moved the camera over her shoulder so Karl could just see George and Clay strolling into the bare room, carrying some big brown boxes which looked rather heavy by the exhausted looks on their faces.  "Hey guys, how are you doing? You look like your having fun." He laughed sarcastically as he caught the attention of the 2, they put their boxes down and walked over to the phone so they could hear Karl better. 

"Hi Karl! It's alright, we'd be getting it done quicker if somebody was actually helping us." George shot a pointed look at Ellie who retaliated by flicking him right between his eyes on his forehead.

"Get back to work!" She shouted amongst giggles, the boys said bye to Karl as they went to grab some more boxes, and Ellie smiled back at the phone, "I'm supervising." 

"Do you know when you'll be back home?" Karl asked after they'd finished laughing.

"Probably tomorrow morning, by the time we get all of the stuff moved in here it'll be a bit late and dark to be driving, especially with the roads being quite icy." She admitted giving him a slightly apologetic look, she really missed him too and she'd been gone less than 24 hours. 

"It's ok, it's a shame I couldn't come with you but I have a big stream planned that I can't really flake out on, but I'll talk to you later yeah? Either before or after the stream?" 

"Yeah you will, just have to keep them two from killing each other before then." They both again burst into giggles, before George and Clay actually needed Ellie's help to get some furniture in the house. "Alright, I love you lots and I'll see you soon."

"I love you too, bye!" Karl took one last look at her gorgeous face before hanging up the phone and going to get something to eat. Ellie went back outside to help the boys move some more stuff out of the moving house and into their new home. As expected, it did take them pretty much all day to unload the stuff and get it all where they wanted it in the house. 

At the late hour of 9pm the moving van had long since gone and they were just finishing building the flat pack furniture and setting up the electricals. 6 shelving units, 3 bedside tables, one dining table, two tv stands and every kitchen appliance you could think of later and they finally flopped down on the new couches and tucked in to the Domino's pizza that had just been delivered- since the one thing the hadn't managed to sort was the oven. Tired was an understatement. They could barely keep their eyes open while they had their tea, before George and Clay headed off to their new bedroom and Ellie stayed in the guest room. 

Ellie got changed into her fluffy nightwear and lay down on the soft memory foam mattress. She plugged her phone in so it didn't die and opened up her twitch app, clicking on Karl's livestream. He was currently doing a tales of the SMP episode he called 'the pit'. He had Fundy, Ranboo, Sapnap, Philza, Tubbo, Hannah, Punz, Jack Manifold and Badboyhalo competing in a roman/gladiator style event for Technoblade. All the viewers were on the edge of their seats wondering how it would end, Ellie wasn't too surprised as she helped him plan it before she left- she even helped with some of the building of the colosseum and the other side. 

She managed to catch the end of the stream as he was dashing through the inbetween before finally dropping off after the very long day. 

~~~💚~~~

I'm sorry this one's a little bit shorter but if I let it run on to the next day it would have felt a bit too long, this is building a little on the Dreamnotfound hints I made in my last story🙃 Thank you very much for reading and the next chapter will be out very soon!