Chapter 3

#PMMixedEmotions

Soleil's Point of View

I saw Rain kanina na parang namumutla habang naglalakad, sinundan ko siya para tanungin kung okay lang ba siya. Aaminin ko I'm so annoyed nung natapunan niya ako ng kape pero nung nakita ko siya sa Theater room kanina her beauty stands out kahit yung spotlight lang yung ilaw niya kanina. I hurriedly run to her nung nakita kong parang babagsak na siya, buti na lang nasalo ko agad. Nagpatulong din ako sa kaibigan niya para buhatin siya papuntang clinic. I came back and saw her sketching, Dawn told me that Rain is very talented. Well, she's not wrong though.

We're on our way to Rain's house, Manila traffic always pissed me off. To relaxed myself I turned on my radio and started to hum the song. I looked at Rain who's now sleeping, I don't know why i'm feeling this way, but, she make me smile like an idiot. No one makes me smile when I first met them, except my ex-boyfriend and this lady beside me.

After a long hour of drive, we finally arrived at their house. I parked my car on the side and removed my seatbelt, I tapped her shoulder for her to wake up but she's still sleeping, so I decided to leaned to her ear and shouted.

"Ay anak ng kabayo! Ano ba ang sakit kaya sa tenga!" She was annoyed and massaged her ear.

"You're so maarte, ayaw mo kaya magising. Buti nga 'di kita tinulak palabas ng kotse ko eh." I bite my lower lip to prevent my laugh.

"Ayy, andito na pala tayo, sorry Ma'am. Gusto mo bang pumasok muna sa bahay?" She sat properly and fixed her things.

"Wag na, gagabihin na rin ako ng uwi. Maybe next time?" I smiled at her and she smiled back.

"Okay, thank you po ha, bawi ako bukas sayo. Promise yan!" She said and opened the door.

"Salamat ulit! Ingat ka sa pagda-drive ha. Tiyaka pagpatuloy mo lang yung pagkausap mo sa sarili mo habang nagda-drive, para 'di ka mabored or antukin. See you bukas Ma'am!" and she closed the door.

I am so embarrassed, naririnig niya pala akong kinakausap yung sarili ko kanina, kung ano-ano pa sinasabi ko.

Wala na masyadong traffic kaya mabilis na rin akong nakauwi sa condo ko, I opened the door and fixed the things that I left earlier. Wala na kasi ako time para ayusin yung mga kalat-kalat ko lalo na pag sobrang pagod ko. After that, I take a quick shower, and settled myself in my bed. This is my favorite part of my everyday routine. I was listening and singing to some classical music, when I received a notification in my phone.

I smiled when I receive her message

I smiled when I receive her message. After that, I closed my phone and drift off to my dreamland.

It was 2:30 am when I find my self sweating and crying. I'm having a nightmare again. I'm scared and the only person that calms me is also the one who left me and the reason why I'm having a nightmare. It hurts so damn much everytime na naalala ko yung ginawa niya sa akin. To distract myself and prevent crying, I just fished out my pen and notebook from my bag and write some poem. Yes, I love writing poems, I only expressed my emotions and feelings through writing which I find very therapeutic. I fell asleep again with a pen in my hand and notebook in my lap.

My alarm rang and nagunat-unat muna ako bago tumayo. I always thank God for another day in my life, kahit na umiyak nanaman ako bago matulog. I prepared my breakfast and fixed myself. After doing my daily routine, I started my car engine and turned on my radio to play some old songs, the sun is brightly shining which made me smile. After a 30 minutes of drive, I finally arrived at our campus. Minsan ako pa nga ang nauuna kasi ayokong na-la-late ako. This is the real first day of school.

I walked to the front door of my first class, I was so nervous. When I opened the door, I saw a familiar face, she was with someone. My mood suddenly changed. What the hell is happening to me?

"Good Morning Everyone. I'm Ms. Soleil Salonga but you can call me Ms. Salonga. I'm a Masteral degree holder & currently taking a PhD, I majored in Psychology and I'm teaching all of you the Child and Adolescent Psychology. Now I want all of you to introduce yourselves. Let's start at the back."

After introducing theirselves and my subject. I let them write whatever they want to write to express their feelings. I saw Rain walking toward my table and she gave me her paper. She smiled at me and I remained my composure. She frowned and get back to her seat. In my peripheral view, I know that she's looking at me. The bell rang and I finally dismissed them.

"Ma'am!" Rain called me and I looked at her.
"Tinignan niyo po ba yung nakalagay sa paper ko?"

"No. Don't worry 'di ko naman babasahin 'to, I will keep it. I just want na ma-express nyo yung nararamdaman niyo kahit through writing lang." I smiled bitterly, naalala ko na naman kasi yung nakita ko sa kanilang dalawa ni Mr. Pascual, ang laki ng ngiti niya parang matatanggalan na ng jaw.

"Ay, sayang naman po, sige po Ma'am una na po ako."

"By the way Rain, I want you to meet me at the Theater room, 3pm, at ayoko ng late." I said and left her at the room.

It was lunch time, and I forget to packed my lunch, ayoko kasi yung nalabas ako ng office tapos doon kakain sa canteen, mas comfortable ako pag mag-isa. Dawn walked towards my office and gave me a paper bag.

"Kanino daw galing 'to?" I asked her.

"Ewan ko, basta may sulat na para sayo daw eh 'di ko na tinignan yung note. 'Di ka ba sasabay samin?"

"No. You know naman na gusto ko lang mag-isa diba."

"Yes, I know. Hay nako ka talaga. Kaya napagkakamalan kang masungit eh. Sige na, labas na muna ako babe ha." she said and left out the room.

I saw a note and a lunch box inside of it. I put the lunch box out and read the note.

To: Ma'am Soleil

Hello Ma'am, Happy lunch po! Sana magustuhan mo po itong sinigang, ako nagluto niyan! Sabi ko sayo babawi ako eh. Hehe. Sana mamaya hindi ka na po masungit. See you later po! :) <3

                                      ~ Rain Velasquez Cutie

After reading that, I find myself smiling. She's so cute and I feel weird whenever she's around. "Oh God.. Soleil, she's just your student and it's nothing" I thought to myself and massage my temple. I put her note inside of my cellphone case and started eating her sinigang. Infairness, masarap siya... mag-luto, at parang gusto ko nalang maging masungit araw-araw para matikman ko luto niya.