Chapter 11 - Erika (Week 8)

Okay, so that may have been a lie, but he won't figure that out for a while. Plus, it's Travel Week One, which means the ninety of us — eighty-five girls and five guys — are heading somewhere beautiful to have a fun week and get away from the mansion. After running into Elle, Lane's little sister, we bonded over a love of making music, and even though she's only eight, she's got an ear for decent music. So far, I've bonded with Elle, Beckham, and Hayden, all of us finding something that we enjoy to do together. I still teach Hayden a lot of piano and wake up at the crack of dawn to play solitaire with Beckham, but Lane and I just aren't that close.

"Alright girls, please pack two weeks worth of clothing in the suitcases we've provided, which should be more than enough room for everything. They have your monogram on them, along with a tag that has your full name and phone number, with this mansion as the home address in case it gets lost. We leave in just under twenty-four hours, so get packing!" Seriously, Rayna? We couldn't just get a tiny bit more time? The girls swarm the stairs, all eager to get packing and go to the mystery location.

"Where do you think we're going?" Liana asks me as soon as I show up in my room, and I shrug, just as unsure as she is about where we're going. "I heard from Beckham that Lane's finally got a lead on who his mystery girl is."

"I doubt it," I reply, seeing the purple suitcase with my initials monogrammed onto the front, and just hold back the tears. Purple is Kayla's favorite color. I miss my family so much. "You should get packing though." I open the suitcase, finding a passport and tickets to Venice, Italy. Whoops. Someone forgot to do their job. And another ticket to Edinburgh, Scotland. Hiding the evidence of where we're going, I pack the suitcase with semi-warm clothes for the first week and cooler clothes for the second. I may have never left the country, but that doesn't mean I don't know what typical weather is for these areas. Plus, I looked up what the forecast is for both areas. And, done packing in an hour and a half. Shoving my letters from my family into my suitcase, I zip it up and open my computer to listen to the demo I accidentally got from Lane.

"That first girl I met

Didn't know what love meant

When I finally figured it out

She was gone and I was all alone

Oh I just want some love in my life

Not because I'm famous

Or because I'm liked

I just want someone who cares for me

That's what I believe

That if it's meant to be

It'll be

Stuck all alone with no one to hold

You are the warmth in the cold

I'll find you when you need me

Oh I just want some love in my life

Something real to hold tight

I just want someone who cares for me

Because that's what I believe

True love will always be

The magic of the real world

And if it's meant to be

It'll be" This is the song that I heard in the recording studio. Other than a messy riff, some off-harmony piano, and something missing from the drums, it's good.