Chapter 7

Sakura was curious. What had Naruto meant? Why did the villagers hate him? After Naruto had talked to her that day, she was curious. 

She always searched for any hints, or slip-ups, but all she got hints about was his crush on Hinata.

'So he is trying to hide his crush on her? I will tease him a lot, shannaro!" she thought deviously.

Then one day she got the hint.

She was walking back when she saw Naruto. She heard two women talking about him.

"Look, it's that kid."

"Yeah, I heard he is very close to Hokage sama."

"I mean, he is not really bad. How could he be the nine tails?"

"I heard that it was sealed inside him. That honestly makes more sense. I mean, he doesn't look very harmful."

"Yeah, those whisker marks are pretty cute too."

'Kyubi...' thought Sakura as she then rushed towards the library.

She then searched a book on the tailed beasts.

She was skimming through the book, reading about how each tailed beast was once owned by Konoha, but was sold by the first to different villages.

"Kyubi sure is very powerful," she muttered.

She then found how each village used them. She found the term 'jinchuriki' or human sacrifice. She also read how badly they were treated, as it was a much older book, so it was more unbiased.

'He has gone through so much! If normal jinchuriki were treated badly, then how bad would Naruto get treated? After all, he had the one which had attacked the village. And I treated him so badly. No, he wouldn't want pity. He isn't weak. He is no different, so I won't treat him any different,' she thought. She then put the book back and walked out.

'He is no monster, and he certainly isn't Kyubi,' she thought as she started to walk out. But then her vision fell on a book titled 'Chakra control for academy students and genin'.

"This will be helpful," she mused.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hiruzen was having a peaceful day. But all of a sudden, his danger sense went off. Not the normal one. No, the one that told him that his biggest enemy was gonna strike. The nightmare of every Kage, the biggest villain, known as paperwork.

All of a sudden, Naruto burst into the office.

"Ahh, Naruto kun, what can I do for you?" asked Hiruzen.

"We are the original ones Jiji," said Naruto.

"Ah... I take it the mission went well?"

"Better than you think. Expect a peace treaty from Kumo," said Jiraiya.

"Oh really?" asked Hiruzen.

Jiraiya then explained all that took place.

"Ahh, so you casually decided to raid one of Orochimaru's bases?" asked Hiruzen a little threateningly.

"Jiji, I mean come on. It was too tempting to leave. Once Ero sennin mentioned it, we couldn't just not do it," said Naruto with a sweat-drop.

Hiruzen sighed. he knew how stubborn Naruto was. After all, he was his mother's son. The scariest and stubborn woman on the planet to be ever born.

"Alright. You both will get an S-ran payment, and it will be added to your portfolio once you become genin," said Hiruzen.

"ALRIGHT! OFF I AM," yelled Naruto as he ran outside.