Chapter 5

Jiraiya and Naruto were sitting across each other, playing Shogi.

"I must say, you are rather good," said Jiraiya.

"Well, Shikamaru made me play so much that I have now become decent at this," was Naruto's reply.

"So, the plan."

"Taking down Orochimaru as soon as possible, but only after the three-year training journey."

"How?"

"Sasuke."

"What exactly are you going to do?" asked Jiraiya.

"Izanami. Generally, it would cost the user one eye, but due to having Rinnegan, he can heal himself easily."

"And the Kabuto guy?"

" We'll see," said Naruto.

"Akatsuki?"

"Must be killed. Most can't be saved."

"Tobi, or as you know, Obito?"

"Depends."

"Check"

"Checkmate," said Naruto completely turning the game upside down, as Jiraiya's eyes widened.

"Whoa!" he gasped, seeing Naruto's genius.

Sasuke, who was watching this, released a breath he didn't know he was holding.

"So, let's get to the topic of Fuinjutsu. It's gonna be a long day," said Jiraiya, and Naruto gulped, as he knew that when Jiraiya said this, it would mean torture of a day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few weeks had passed, and they were once again back in the village.

The class came in to see Naruto and Shikamaru playing shogi, which blew their mind.

20 minutes earlier

Shikamaru was peacefully sleeping when a loud yell woke him up.

"This is such a drag," he said as he looked up, only to see Naruto dancing with his hands in the air and Sasuke pouting. Nothing new.

Wait a minute! 

SASUKE. POUTING.

These two words could never go together for him. Sasuke was broody emo, and never showed any expression other than indifference.

"Okay okay, 100 to 99 with you in the lead. Next time, I will defeat you," muttered Sasuke.

"Aww, Sasuke is jelly," said Naruto. They both then heard Shikamaru and turned to him, only to see him trying to release a genjutsu.

"This is a genjutsu, this is a genjutsu, this is a genjutsu," he muttered over and over again.

"No this is not," deadpanned Naruto.

"You playing Shogi, and winning, and Sasuke pouting!" gasped Shikamaru.

"Well, it's complicated," said Naruto.

Present

After hearing the story, they both started a game, as this was something he loved to do.

However, as soon as the class came, Naruto started making mistakes, and Shikamaru won.

"HOW DO YOU EVEN PLAY THIS GAME!" yelled Naruto.

Iruka, who was intently watching them play, was disappointed, as the arrival of the class disrupted the game. Sasuke too sighed in disappointment.

"NARUTO BAKA, THIS IS A GAME OF SMART PEOPLE, YOU CAN DEFINITELY NOT PLAY THIS," yelled Sakura.