~2~

Midway to our trip to the Hotel, our native tour guide Ashraf, boarded the bus. People around the bus were chattering excitedly and I could feel my own excitement bubbling in my chest. About twenty minutes later, we reached the hotel and all we wanted to do was have a long and much needed rest. 

The journey from India to Egypt had been quite hectic as we had to change flights three times. First we had to fly from Kolkata to Delhi, then we had to take connecting flights from Delhi to Egypt, via Dubai. Add to that the significant delay due to the bad weather conditions. Safe to say, we all needed a few hours of rest before any exploration could begin.

We headed to our room, weary yet happy. I let my grandma and her friend in first, then raucous laughter, drew my attention before I could enter. The americans were walking towards to door right next to ours it seemed.

"Well hello there... Sapphire was it? or was it Ruby? Emerald?" Sam mocked.

I rolled my eyes and entered our room, too tired to talk back to him. As I closed the door, I did hear Aiden chiding Sam, for being mean which made me smile a bit.

Soon after we resigned to our beds for the day. 

------------

Hours later, we all woke up leisurely and it was dark by now. We were free to laze around or do as we pleased for the evening before we joined everyone for dinner. The other bengali family, Mr and Mrs Biswas, who were friends with Bibha, joined us in our room at one point. 

While I was sixteen, their son Sibashish was seventeen. He was quite nice and we gelled up pretty quick. At one point we told the elders that we were going to hang around the hotel and left. The place was quite luxurious and we walked through the hotel, admiring its beauty. 

We talked a lot and I concluded that he was a pretty smart guy and a people person, unlike me. Eventually we stopped at the lounge area, where we found a few people from our group. Most of them were around our age or a little older. There was this guy named Kaushik, who was here with his mom and a girl named Koyel who was also here with her mom. Then there were Prashant and Sharon who were siblings and they had come on the trip with their parents. 

It was fun getting to know all these new people and hearing their stories. Knowing these amazing people made me look forward to the rest of the trip even more.

Soon enough, it was time for dinner and we reached the buffet area. I sat with Grandma, Bibha, Sibashis and his family as we chatted about the plans for the next day. It was mostly everyone else that talked, while I listened on with a smile. 

Suddenly I felt a presence beside me and saw that Aiden was sitting right beside me at the table beside ours. I smiled at him shyly, which he returned. Then ofcourse his friend had to ruin the moment with his presence.

"Emerald..." he greeted, purposely calling me the wrong name.

"Blondie..." I responded, not looking at him.

All his friends snickered at it, while he told them to shut up.

"Hey... I'm Aiden, sorry about my idiot friend..." Aiden spoke softly.

I looked into his blue eyes, only to get lost in them.

"Its alright... " I said, smiling at him.

Being this close to him, made me realise how handsome he really was. Which also brought me to the realisation that he was way out of my league. Not that it would've mattered anyway, as we lived thousands of miles away from each other.

"Are you guys in school?" I asked.

"Yeah its our senior year, we decided to come out here for our winter break," Tyson replied.

"Wow... you're parents are really cool to have let you guys come out here all alone..." I mused.

"Trust me, it took a lot of convincing," Nigel said.

Rest of the dinner was spent quietly, with me sneaking glances at my newly formed crush. Other than Sam, the rest of them seemed pretty nice. They even talked to Sibashish a few times. Oddly enough, even Sam was polite to him. Guess he had something against me in particular.

We all walked to our rooms together, me and Aidan, were somehow walking together behind everyone else. Everyone had already entered the rooms, leaving only me and Aiden. 

He looked at me with those dreamy eyes and said "Goodnight" in that deep voice of his. I softly replied with a goodnight before worming into our room, with a thumping heart.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------