~8~

Another day had begun but my mind was still stuck on the events of the night before. We woke up really early, to begin our second and final day in Cairo. Late in the evening today, we were supposed to board a flight to Luxor.

Routinely we got done with our breakfast and made our way to the bus. After that Ashraf informed us that we were gonna be going to the Egyptian Museum today. 

I get how some people find museums boring, but I on the other hand loved museums. While I wasn't really a history buff, but I really loved witnessing things that had survived the wear and tear of time. Things from a different era served as an evidence of a time when the world was different. While I couldn't meet the people from back them, I could still be in the presence of fragments of their life. 

On the way to bus, I was joined by Koyel and Sharon who, much to my dismay, wanted me to introduce them to Aiden. Awesome luck I had. Note the sarcasm.

Ofcourse, today out of all days Aiden yelled my name the moment I stepped onto the bus with Sharon and Koyel on my tail. Apparently he had saved a seat for me in the very back. Seeing as everyone in the group was yet to fill into the bus, we had some time before we had to take our seats.

"Hey," he greeted with that heartstopping smile once I stepped close to him. 

"Hey um... I wanted you to meet my friends, Koyel and Sharon," I said, reluctantly.

"Hi Aiden!" Koyel pretty much squealed, while Sharon just waved at him vigorously.

He looked at them oddly before saying "Hi" more stoically than I've ever heard him speak. 

His pokerface along with his chilling greeting had kinda made the atmosphere weird. So, I spoke up to diffuse the tension or whatever this was.

"So I guess we should take our seats now, the bus is almost full..." 

"Um yeah I guess..." Sharon spoke, dejectedly going to an empty seat a few rows ahead of us.

Koyel just faked a smile before following suit.

I gestured Aiden to move his legs so that I could get in. Selfishly enough I was glad that he hadn't engaged with them. At this point I could just blatantly admit to myself that I wanted him to myself.

"So what was that exactly?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Oh... um... they kinda... wanted to be introduced to you," I said, feeling a bit guilty for outing them like that.

He huffed out a laugh and said, "figures..." 

"Well I can't really blame them," I admitted nervously.

"Why is that?" he murmured, looking at me with those mesmerising blue eyes.

"I've loved knowing you... so I can't blame anybody else who wants to know you either," I said truthfully.

A soft look crossed his eyes and stomach turned to knots for reasons unknown.

"Is that what you want then? for others to get to know me like you do?" He asked.

"Should they be so lucky, I'd want the whole world to know how amazing you are Aiden... but I wanna be a bit selfish for now and keep you to myself just a little longer," I said, hoping my speech wouldn't scare him away.

I loved the way he looked at me like there was nobody else in the world but us. The way his lips parted ever so lightly at my confession. The way I could see his defences crumble with the softening of his eyes. I wanted to freeze the moment forever and replay it when I felt lonely.

"I'm yours to keep, for as long as you want..." he said, making me smile brightly at his words.

I took the courage from his words and wrapped my arms around his arm and hugged it close as I rested my head on his shoulder. 

The rest of the ride was spent in a comfortable silence, till we were instructed to get off the bus. 

----------------

Once inside the museum, we were left marvelling at the grandeur of the place. It was almost like the epicentre of all Egyptian History.

I was listening to Ashraf as he spoke about each and every article that we came across. I found myself asking a lot of questions to Ashraf. 

"So you like museums then I gather?" Aiden asked, as we roamed through the museum on our own, keeping close to the rest of the group.

"You don't?" I asked.

"I don't really have any strong feelings towards them..." he said truthfully.

"I'm not a history buff or anything, but all these things in here are lifetimes away from us... It feels like being in the presence of an entirely different world..." I said.

"I love the way you think... its kinda unconventional... its refreshing," he commented, making me blush a tiny bit.

"Well thoughts are all I have..." I said.

"Okay Shakespeare..." he mocked, making me shove him playfully.

I had fun to say the least. I think my favourite thing was the mask of the Egyptian Pharaoh Tutankhamun. It was discovered from the "Valley of the Kings" and the face on the mask is said to be how Tutankhamun actually looked. Also I finally got to see a mummy which made me and Tyson practically jump in glee. 

As the day closed to an end, we were ushered back to our bus. With that we had to say goodbye to Cairo. But ofcourse I was giddy about something that Luxor held.

Three nights on a Cruise on The Nile...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------