Decision

10:37 p.m. 

I laid back down on my bed and contemplated what to tell my mother tomorrow morning. I had to tell her my choice tomorrow morning.

11:23 p.m.

I got up and went to grab my pajamas to take a late-night shower like I always did, to de-stress a little bit. After 20 minutes, I was done and headed back to my room and eventually drifted off to a deep sleep.

Not even a few hours later, the sound of the annoying alarm sound rung loud in my ears, telling me to wake up with no mercy. I drag myself off my bed and reach to open my curtains and let the sunshine in. I lazily walk out of my room and head down to see my mom setting down plates of food on the table. 

"Good morning sweetie."

"Good morning mom," I said back, my voice cracking a little, due to the lack of hydration in my mouth. 

"Soooo, like we promised, you were supposed to make a choice by now."

I rolled my eyes and rubbed my temples with my fingers. This was making my head hurt. 

"Yeah yeah, just let me eat first and then we'll talk about it okay?"

"Alright alright."

after we finish eating~

"I decided."

"Oh? Well, I'd like to hear your choice," my mother said while looking at me with a raised eyebrow and her hands crossed.

"I decided to join the survey corps and not continue pursing medicine outside the walls." I looked at my mom to see her reaction, which to my surprise, wasn't shocked or surprised at all. 

Looks like she knew this was going to happen. 

"Are you sure about that?"

"Yes." 

"Alright y/n, I respect your decision. Since the register process is going to be tomorrow, you better start packing and preparing. 

"Don't worry, I'll come back home when everything is over." My mom smiled and nodded. 

"Does Jean know?"

Snap! I haven't told him yet!

"Uhhh, I'll tell him later mom, don't worry about it."

~knock knock~  Must be Jean! 

I opened the door and there was Jean standing there with a bundle of fresh roses in his hands.

"For you, my princess," he said, as he handed the fresh bundle of roses to me. 

I giggled and took the flowers. I took a sniff and they smelled great, of course.

"You know, you don't have to give me flowers every time," I said in between laughs. 

"No no no. I have to. Gotta show my girl that I love her," Jean said with a huge smile on his face. 

"Then I guess I can only take them." 

"Who is it y/n?" my mom shouted from the dining room.

"It's Jean, mom! He came to pick me up for our date!"

"Hi, Mrs. y/m/n! I'll be taking y/n out for today! I'll bring her back before 10pm!" Jean screamed. 

"Alright have fun out guys!"

I signaled for Jean to wait outside while I place the roses in my room. I walked out and was about to put on my shoes but felt a little dizzy and couldn't stand properly, but luckily Jean caught me.

"BABY! ARE YOU OKAY?" Jean asked, while trying to hold me up by my arms. 

"Yeah yeah, I'm fine. Just need to sit for a while." I said. 

"We don't have to go out today... if your head hurts again." Jean said, while holding me in his arms.

"No no, I'm fine! I'm ready to go now."

Truthfully, my head had been hurting ever since the accident. I woke up and found myself in my room with my mom holding on to my right hand and Jean holding on to my left hand. I couldn't remember anything but my mother told me that I fell down a cliff and banged my head against a rock; hard enough that I lost my memory. 

I smiled at Jean and my mom to show them I was fine and we went on our date. 

(Setting now: Outside the walls with Levi Squad)

LEVI POV*

"RETREAT!" Hange screamed. 

Tch. Only got to kill so much titans this time. I looked back at the dead bodies that we had to leave behind. 

I swear to kill all the titans. Humanity will win.