New Friend (part I)

"CLOSE THE GATES!" Hange screamed as we all piled in through the gates on horseback. We had barely killed all the titans, but we were running out of gas. We had to retreat. Since I was at the end of the group, I look back to see a 3 meter titan quickly running after us and without thinking, I jump off my horse and use the last gallon of gas I had left and whipped out a new pair of blades and mercilessly sliced its nape. I quickly landed back on my horse and reunited with the group.

"Y/N!! I saw that! You are so brave! You're definitely going to be picked to be on Captain Levi's team!" Sasha said as she ran to be to give me a big hug. I chuckled at her cute remark. "Sasha, I just killed a titan. It's not a big deal," I retorted back while folding my arms.

"Nooo, Captain Levi said whoever has the most titan kills will be on his special operations team. Don't you want to be in his team?? It's so cool!" Sasha argues back.

"Okay, let's not get ahead of ourselves, okay? Maybe everyone else had a record of higher kills than me. Let's just wait till they announce who is on his team alright?"

"Sure!"

"Cadets! I am sure you know that this is the last mission to determine who is allowed the special privilege to be on the special operation team. Without further ado, we will announce the top scores. If you hear your score and your name step forward!

MIKASA ACKERMAN! 38 TITANS!

NICK PALTER! 35 TITANS!

(F/N, L/N)!  34 TITANS!

EREN YAEGER! 31 TITANS!

CONNIE SPRINGER! 27 TITANS!

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST...

SASHA BRAUS! 24 TITANS!

I look to the left and right and do a double take on a unfamiliar face. Who's that?? Did he just join? Well, it's not my business. I'm just glad to be with my friends.

I gathered with Eren, Mikasa, Connie, and Sasha and we all congratulated each other. As we turn to leave, I hear an unfamiliar voice call me.

"Y/N!"

I turn around. Huh?? The new kid? What is he calling me for? I shrugged my shoulders and told Sasha to tell the others that I will be there with them later. Sasha nods and walks ahead.

"Umm hi? Do I know you?" I ask, while stepping back.

"You're Jean's girlfriend, right?" he asked while looking at me.

"And may I ask who you are?" I answer back.

"I'm Nick! Jean's friend. We met a few years back before he joined the MP! Sorry if I scared you. I didn't mean to!" he said while looking away to the side.

[Flashback to the date Jean had with y/n on the bridge]

"Hey babe, I forgot to tell you, I have a friend who is going to join the survey corps as well. Since I'm not there to be with you, he'll help me look after you."

[Flashback ends]

I had forgotten all about it! I snapped back to reality.

"Oh yes! I remember! Jean mentioned a friend joining the Scout Regiment.... It's you right?" I ask, giving him a small smile.

"Yup!"

"Well, it's nice to meet you."

"Likewise."

"I gotta go now, but I'll see you around," I said while waving to him.

"Bye y/n!"

I walked back to my room to see Mikasa and Sasha cleaning up. I walk in and help them clean since it was the first thing Captain Levi demand us to do since we are part of his squad now.

LEVI POV*

"Tch! Got more brats to take care of now!"

"Oh relax Levi, they're not bad children. They're all pretty skilled... as you can see in their last few missions," Hange assured me.

"Tch. The place better be spotless when I go back to check. Or else they're all running 50 laps." As I prepare to leave, Hange grabs my arm and points to a direction in front of us.

"Look! Isn't that...?"

I look over to see...

HEHE CLIFFHANGER :) NEXT PART UPLOADED SOON DW:0