Chapter 19. I had to leave.

Kaia's POV 

When I opened my eyes everything was white and it felt so weird. 

Shivers run down my spine. 

Is this heaven? 

I don't think hell would be all white, right? 

"Hello?" I decided to give it a chance. What if there is someone actually here. 

I don't want to be all alone. 

"Is someone here?" I asks. "Where I'm I?" 

There was a moment of silence and I was about to conclude that I was indeed alone when an even brighter light almost blinded me. 

"Kaia?" I heard someone asks. 

A voice that I almost forgot. 

Almost. 

"F-Finn?" 

When I could open my eyes better, I saw my little brother. 

I saw Finn. 

This can't be a dream, right? 

"What are you doing here?" I heard him asks as he run towards me and hugged me so tight. I could actually see him. 

He could actually see me. 

We could touch and hug each other. 

I hugged him back without hesitation, not believing what was going on. 

I left Earth. 

"I think I'm dead..." I said as I kept hugging him, not wanting to let go. 

"Nope you are definitely not dead." He said. That made me separate from the hug, but I still hold his hand. 

"What? How do you know?" 

"God sent me to help you, but He didn't told me what happened." 

"W-Wait so I'm not dead?" 

"Not yet at least." He said. "Now tell me what happened." 

I look down at my feet, not wanting to tell him what I've done. Since I know it was wrong. 

"C'mon Kaia, we could tell each other everything. What has changed?" 

"I-I'm sorry... please don't hate me." 

"What did you do now?" 

I sigh as I felt tears on my eyes. 

"I m-may have tried to kill myself." I said and let the tears fall. I heard him sighing and I look to his face as he was watching me with sadness in his eyes and probably disappointment too. 

"Why would you do that?" 

We sat down in the middle of all the white. He took both of my hands and took them tightly. 

"M-Mom never really wanted me in her life, I was an accident in the first place. Then I almost died when a shark bite me but I met someone that saved my life and I just ruined his. Aiden is always worried about me and how can I be the one to keep him from living his life? And then there's dad, I ruined his entire life when I was born because that's what ruined his relationship with mom." I explained and let it all out. 

Crying like I've never cried before. 

"I-I just d-don't d-deserve to live. I wasn't meant to in the first place so I just made it easier for everyone." 

"Do you think God didn't planed for your life?" I look at him with questioning eyes and teary eyes as well. "Everything happens for a reason. He knows that you are strong enough to get through all of these, that you'll be able to fix it." 

"B-But how? I gave up, I don't deserve a second chance." 

"The first step is for you to believe that you DO deserve a second chance, that you are worthy of love." 

I shake my head as I stood up. "I don't deserve it." 

"Tell me why don't you?" 

"Because of all the pain I've caused to our family!" 

"Did you made that on propose?" 

"N-no..." 

"Then you deserve it. Just try to make it right. Do you know how you make it right?" I shook my head. "You say sorry to God for trying to take your own life first. But you have to really mean it and to say sorry to yourself, for giving up." 

"Then you will be given that second chance and you better not put it to waste. I don't want to see you with me in heaven yet. It's not your moment. I want you to live your life and really try to be happy. Do it for the both of us." 

Tears streaming down my face as he stood up and I stood up as well. Not being able to stop crying. 

"I-I'm sorry F-finn." I said as he took my hand again. 

"You don't have to tell me sorry but I'll accept it. Don't make me rescue you again." He said while laughing a bit. He's the same as he's always been. "I have to go now, but please hear what I told you." 

I nodded and he hugged me one last time. 

"Thank you." I said. 

He smiled at me and I saw him going away from me, again. 

How I'm I going to do this? I'm I even going to be able to forgive and say sorry to God? Let alone, forgive myself? 

*Meanwhile in Earth* 

Louis' POV 

"WE ARE LOSING HER! C'MON EVERYONE!" I heard a nurse say inside the room that they were keeping Kaia. 

I look at Aiden and he looked at me with worried eyes. 

Is this really it? 

She can't give up. 

"ONE!" The doctor yelled as they tried to bring her back to life. 

"TWO!" 

Nothing, she stoped breathing, the monitor was signalizing that she was almost gone from this Earth. 

"THREE!" 

Aiden began to cry and seeing this, I knew it would never leave my mind. 

I was losing her. 

The monitor stoped completely, making the silence so hard to bare. 

"N-no..." Aiden said as he shook his head, looking at his sister. 

He's losing another person he loves. 

Suddenly, I don't know what the hell happened, but the monitor started beeping again, just as the doctor was about to say the awful words of the hour of death. 

"Oh my God..." Aiden hold his chest as he probably felt like his heart was about to burst out of his chest. 

I felt like mine was numb and I couldn't really comprehend how she could have done this. Put us through all of this. 

I saw her opening her eyes. 

I saw her looking at her dad, then at Aiden and then at me, through the glass. 

She looked at me, right through me. 

But I couldn't look at her. 

I had to leave.