Volume 2 Chapter 4: Leap Of Faith

Previously: Hawks stood there outside of the station with Izumi walking towards him. He started to walk away but she said,"Wait, hold on a sec." He turned around to see and feel her hugging him tightly. "Thanks for this, Hawks. I really appreciate the help." He stood there in shock, again.

She pulled away and smiled happily,"I can't wait for more of my internship moments with you. Well let's go back to U.A, I'm tired." He said nothing out of surprise at her honest words.

They came back to U.A. and headed towards her room across from Mr. Aizawa. He stopped her and asked her how she was doing, she hugged him happily. "I made a new friend, and i arrested Stain."

The next day: Izumi ran downstairs with her casual clothes but costume in hand. Tokoyami stepped in front of her path. "Oh hey, Tokoyami?" He nodded his head. "I just wanted to let you know that we are going to the same place. Hawks asked for me to be his student as well." She smiled happily and said,"I'm looking forward to fighting beside you. And getting to know you better too!" He nodded his head,"Of course, likewise." "Let's go, I'll show you the way to the meeting point." "Alright."

She put her hands in her pockets as she walked down the sidewalk with Tokoyami walking behind her. They see Hawks waving at them up ahead. She held up her right hand. He gave her a high five. They both smiled at each other. "What's up, Hawks?" "Nothing much, what about you Mrs. Todoroki?" "I'm excited for today." "You must be the bird from the sports festival. Today is a lesson on flying."

He started to walk away,"Let's go to a more isolated but high up place. I want to discuss your potential."

A few minutes of walking later: Metal spikes flew through the air towards Hawks and Tokoyami. Izumi dashed past them and flicked her right hand upward. A wave of thick ice appeared in front of them blocking the sudden attack. Hawk's eyes widened at her enhanced senses. "Dark shadow!" He blocked black iron whips from hitting them in the back. Hawks went to move but his body felt weak. "That's not good..." He collapsed the ground in the purple water below their feet. Tokoyami and Dark Shadow soon followed. "Paralyzing & sleeping water..." Izumi scoffed annoyed. "Damn." She put Hawks and Tokoyami over her shoulders and dashed down the dark alleyway. She turned the corner and saw a dead end. She set them down against the wall and stood her ground.

Paralyzing Thug: "This is Revenge for Stain!"

Iron Whip Thug: "We will make you suffer, for putting him away!"

Metallic Spikes Thug: "Die Damn HERO!"

She held out her hands but her Quirks wouldn't work. She saw flashes of blood everywhere,"Not now... please." She covered up her face with her right hand while her left hand shook violently. "Run away..." She heard Hawks weakly. She woke up from her panic attack, she set on fire with burning rage. She bit her lip and caused it to bleed. She dropped her right hand and made a finger gun. She pointed it at the metal spikes guy and gestured as if she shot him. A beam of purple light shot straight through his forehead. She smirked devilishly saying,"Sorry about that I lost my cool and killed your buddy. But I wouldn't call myself a hero, I'm a murderer, just like Stain." Her eyes glowed brightly, her hair was still on fire but her body was slowly being covered up by frost. "How can a hero be so evil!?" The iron Whip Thug shouted out as he went to attack her. "I'm broken. I'm too far gone, I can't be saved. I can't be turned back into the person I once was. But..." She grabbed his Iron Whip and froze it solid all the way back towards the host. "I can help those around me that aren't too far gone. Maybe they can be saved. I have blood on my hands, their screams echo through my head every time I close my eyes. So please forgive me as I slaughter you where you stand." She walked towards him casually and he sent water towards her but she froze it mid-air. It shattered into tiny shards once it hit the ground. He took a step back in fear. She grabbed his face and froze him from the inside out. His screams echoed throughout the entire dark alleyway and into the streets. She let go of his face and his frozen body fell past her. She exhaled slowly, melting the frost away gradually, and stood there in silence. She heard Hawks walk towards her from behind. She fell to her knees breathing heavily, tears of ice hit the ground. Her arms fell to her side, she felt a hand rest on her head. "I'm a monster..." He knelt down and pulled her into a hug. "You aren't in my eyes. You were right about me. I do have a bad past, just like you. You said you had my back, and I have yours too. That's what friends are for right?" She hugged him back tightly. "Thank you." He held her close. She pulled away and smiled genuinely at him. "As friends please call me Izumi or at least something better than my last name. To tell you the truth i hate it." His eyes widened,"Oh, well um. I'll call you by your hero name in public and your name when we are alone. How about that?" She nodded her head,"Sounds good."

Tokoyami: "Hawks, Pyro-Frost?" He walked towards them yawning softly.

They both stood up.

Hawks: "Let's continue to the location. We have plenty of daylight remaining."

Tokoyami: "Got it."

Pyro-Frost: "Alright!" She said, excitedly.

A few hours later:

Hawks stood on a ledge on a high rooftop on the outskirts of the city. "You need a way to fly Tokoyami. No bird belongs on the ground."

Izumi stepped up to the ledge and closed her eyes as the cold wind blew against her face, her clothes swayed in the breeze. As the sun went down behind the clouds her costume started to glow brightly colored Ultraviolet purple. "You're glowing?" Tokoyami said, surprised. Hawks looked over in amazement. She surrounded her boots and gloves with purple flames. "Once you figure out to fly and spread your wings, take a leap of faith." She said, blankly. She stepped forward and fell face forward down to the ground. Tokoyami screamed out her hero name panicked. Hawks was frozen in shock. Then suddenly she appeared in the distance and flee towards them with purple fire propelling her forward. She smiled happily at them as she hovered in the air with fire coming from her feet. She did finger guns and said,"See confidence in yourself is everything. In your case, it's your confidence and trust in dark shadow and yourself." She stepped forward and landed gracefully in the middle of Hawks and Tokoyami, she put her hands on their shoulders. "The fear of death doesn't scare me as much as losing those closest to me. I'm glad I met you both and those who i call my friends." They both looked at her relieved. "Let's get back, it's getting late. We have all day tomorrow to figure out your own way of flying in the sky along with the other birds."

Tokoyami smiled happily at her,"Thanks, Izumi." "No prob, Tokoyami."

They arrived at the school entrance.

Tokoyami walked towards the dorms as Izumi stood there in front of Hawks. "Thanks for saving me today." She smiled happily at him,"No thank you for being there for me." He chuckled softly. "Hey, Hawks..." He tilted his head to the side. "Yeah?" She held out her phone nervously. He looked down and blushed,"Sure, I mean." He cleared his throat. "It's easier if we have each other's numbers for better communication. For Internships." She nodded her head and blushed bright red in the face. "Yeah, that's what I was thinking about. Totally." She laughed nervously as she smiled with her eyes closed. He put her phone back in the palm of her hand. She opened her eyes to see Hawks smirking slightly,"I'll see you tomorrow, Izumi." Her heart skipped a beat as soon as he said her first name. "Yeah! See you later, Hawks!" He turned around and took off flying into the distance. She stood there blushing red in her cheeks. She looked down at his contact information and added him to favorites. She shoved her phone into her pocket and walked towards the dorms in high spirits.

To be continued....