1

flawda' — september
(2 days before first day of school)

"DAMN it's hot asf, y'all not hot?" Ashanti grumbled, dragging her feet and carrying Bleu' through the airport alongside you and Kimora.

After a 3 1/2 hour flight from Memphis to Tampa, y'all were already tired out. It was now 3:43 pm and you were just ready to go to y'all new shared apartment. Because your car wouldn't come till the next day, you called an Uber as soon as you got off the plane so it would arrive by the time y'all finished at the baggage claim.

"Calm down 'Shanti, it be hot in Memphis too," Kimora spoke up as you were looking down at your phone to see if your Uber was here yet.

"Okay but not this hot, y'all got me sweating out my lace front," Ashanti patted away the sweat from her lace as she made a stank face. "Bleu', it's hot in here ain't it?"

You looked up and turned to Ashanti and Bleu', "Ashanti leave that dog alone, he can't speak to you, nor understand what you saying," you stopped in place and looked around.

"Goddamn bruh, this airport is big as fuck. I think we just walked in a circle," you pressed your lips together while looking at your bestfriends. "Somebody go ask someone where the entrance is,"

"Holon, lemme ask him" Kimora nodded her head towards a nearby security guard and walked over to him. You saw him point down to the ground and Kimora nod her head. She turned her head towards you and Ashanti and made the "come on" gesture with her hand.

"Finally, I'm ready to see my nigga already." Ashanti fast walked to catch up to Kimora, with you leading not too far behind. Eventually you caught up with both of them going into the elevator and looked back at your phone. You were hungry and had extra time before your Uber would arrive, so you suggested to go to the food court on the way out.

"They better have a Chick Fil A in this hoe, with how big it is. I wouldn't be surprised if they had a whole ass mall that we don't know about either." Ashanti sneered.

"Girl you always want sum damn Chick fil A, eat sum else," you said while snickering under your breath.

"Mind yours, Ms 'I eat Chipotle like it's the only restaurant on Earth', shits nasty and you know it." Ashanti retorted, rolling her eyes, making Kimora laugh softly.

"Not too much on Chipotle na'," you waved your hand around while getting out the elevator and looking around the food court. You didn't see a Chipotle, but you saw a Chick Fil A, just as Ashanti predicted. "Lets just go to 'Shanti's choice."

After eating your food you get a notification from your Uber app indicating that your ride was here. You grabbed your bags and drinks and walked out the front entrances. You see a big black SUV parked in front of the airport, with a white man sitting in front. Y'all walked over to the trunk and put y'all suitcases inside, then got in the backseats.

"Where to?" said the driver looking back at y'all through the mirror. You told him the address of your apartment and waited for the arrival. You leaned your elbow on the door handle and checked social media and tiktok, while Kimora watched the city through the glass and Ashanti was texting her boyfriend.

❑ ❑ ❑

" Godamnnnnn this is niceee!"

"Holy shit..."

"Wowww..."

The three of you walk into your apartment and the inside absolutely stunned you. You felt like you were in actual heaven. It looked way better than it had in the pictures y'all looked at together.