[21]

"Royal Merchant"
The Night We Met- Lord Huron
❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

The Pogue group was full strength when the group of three met up with the pair on the beach

"Where have you been?" Kiara laughed as they ran into the water.

Alexa, Pope and JJ looked at each other unsurely before shrugging it off.

"Helping my dad." Pope replied.

Kiara didn't ask for anymore details.

The waves were perfect to surf. Alexandra was in love with the ocean at that moment. She laughed and swam with her friends.

Her and JJ got competitive, seeing which would be the first one to fail to clear a tide.

They were the best surfers amongst the Pogues so it of course always turned into a "friendly" competition. Sometimes they would try to purposely make each other mess up.

All was well until Alexa lost her footing and was knocked off the board. The group cheered JJ on, declaring him the winner.

"Yeah whatever." Alexa laid her back on her board.

"Don't worry Lex, I'll let you win next time." JJ winked.

She stared up at the clear sky as the calmer waves moved her across the water. The only sound she could hear were the waves crashing and the sounds of a couple bird flying across the sea.

She loved nothing more than being there in the moment.

Later after the Pogues dried off and changed they sat around preparing for the following day. When hopefully everything would change and they'd be rich.

Alexandra had her arms wrapped around Kie on the hammock. She was close to falling asleep.

"Even JJ believes." Kiara called out to John B and Pope.

"Of my god, JJ do you really believe?" John B mocked

"Totally. Wait are we talking about the four mil?" JJ the lost souls who always barely had a thought in his head asked.

"Four hundred mil." Alexa, Pope and Kie responded in unison.

"I'm gonna dream about shipwrecks. Goodnight Bird!"

Kiara shifted towards her friend.

"Al?" Kie whispered softly, slowly running her hand through Alexa's hair.

"Yeah?" Alexandra responded sleepily.

"Want me to go to the cemetery with you tomorrow?" Kiara offered knowing no one else would really accompany her.

"Nah I'll be fine." Alexandra whispered wide awake at the mention of the cemetery.

"...Okay, I love you." Kiara snuggled more into her best friend.