Chapter 5- Don't tell me He is the CEO!!!

***Water tap running***

"Seriously Anna, out of all the places you had to come here. Really!!" She splashed the water on her face. 

"What should I do. Should I quit?" She breathed out. 

"But I really need this job" she again splashed her face with water. Turning the tap off, she lifted her head up. Her eyes went to her reflection in the mirror. Taking a deep breath she said,"Okay, Ann, think... think harder" 

"Gosh! Why does he have to be the CEO of this company." she pressed her eyes in disgust.

***Door knob turns*** 

"Someone's coming" Anna quickly patted her face. 

"There you are!" Alira sighed out in relief as soon as she entered the washroom. 

"Yeah" Anna smiled at her. "She is definitely going to ask me the reason for my behavior. I am not ready to tell her anything. What will she think about me? I can't do this.", she was battling the voices inside her head. 

"Excuse me, I need to pee" Anna made an excuse and moved forward towards the toilet. 

"So are we just going to pretend that everything is fine, huh?" Alira raised one of her brows.

Anna was stopped in her tracks. Her heart started pounding heavily in her chest. A sob escaped her mouth which she tried to cover up with a cough. 

"C'mon Ann. You know you can share anything with me right?" Alira looked at her worriedly.

"It's not like that Ali.. " Anna's face was all scrunched up with pain. 

Alira takes Anna's hand in hers and then looks at her with consoling eyes, "Whatever it is, speak to me. I know something is wrong, Ann. Tell me please. Maybe I can help" 

Anna looked at her as if she was an angel. Hugging her she said," Why are you like this?" A tear rolled down on her cheek which she quickly wiped before Alira could sense it.

Alira broke the hug and palmed Anna's face. "Tell me.." she uttered softly.

Taking a deep breath, Anna gathered herself up to speak, "I-" 

****Cell phone ringing****

"Wait." Alira took her phone out from her pocket. 

"It's 'Head' calling me up. I need to take this" she said and quickly picked up the call. Anna tried to move away from her but she grabbed her hand. Looking her square in the eye, Alira placed her phone on her ear, "Good afternoon Sir!" she said over the phone. Meanwhile Anna was waiting for Alira to hang up. "How am I gonna tell her?" She was stuck with this thought.

"Okay, Sir. We will be right there." Alira disconnected the call and turned to Anna.

"Head wants to see both of us in his office," she said with a straight face. 

"Both!" Anna yelled. 

"Me too? But why?" Her eyes popped out and jaw dropped to the floor in astonishment.

"Come with me. We will get to know that," Alira started dragging Anna with her. Anna took a quick sneak peek at herself in the mirror and wiped out the traces of tears. 

They both came out from the washroom. "Ali, please let go of my hand now." Anna murmured. 

Alira looked at her from head-to-toe. "You look fine. Hence..." She gently loosened the grip on Anna's hand. 

"Thanks" a small smile appeared on Anna's face. "Walk with me now" Alira returned the smile and started walking again. 

"What could be the reason? Why does he want me there?" Anna was lost in her thoughts. Something jogged her mind and hunted expressions appeared on her face, "Maybe because of that!" she gulped. She recalled what happened in the meeting room. 

"He is the one who broke my heart" a tear rolls down on Anna's cheek.

"What!!!" Alira exclaimed. She was loud enough to be heard by everyone present in the room. 

"What? You don't agree to it?" Jack- the Head of the Production Department, enquired while raising an eyebrow. 

"What?" Alira turned to look at Jack while she had confused expressions on her face. 

"You don't agree with the proposal Miss Alira?" Jack repeated. 

"No, uhmm. It's not like that Sir "she answered with a straight face. 

"Then what is it Miss Alira?" He got suspicious of her. 

"I was confused earlier. But it's all clear now." A slow smile worked its way across her face and into her eyes. 

"Are you sure?" He was still a little skeptic. 

"Yes Sir. Absolutely". She swiftly flashed an infectious smile leaving everyone laughing at the sight.

Everyone except Anna. Her eyes were fixed on him. Her heartbeats were going crazy. A lot was going across in her mind making her feel all kinds of emotions, at once. In an instant, she busted into tears. 

"Uhmm, Miss Anna. Is something troubling you?" Jack asked with a voice full of concern. Anna turned to face him. "I-I-" she struggled for words. There were tears streaming down her face. 

"It's probably because of anxiety." Alira covered her up.

"She is crying!" Jack's brows furrowed.

"People react to different situations in different ways" Alira answered for her. 

"Probably" he nodded his head with certainty. "You can feel free Miss Anna. Don't pressurize yourself-" 

"We are in the middle of something important. So do this later " a cold, loud and clear voice echoed in the room.

Anna flinched at the voice. She turns to look at the owner of the voice. It was him. She wanted to avert her eyes from him but her heart disagreed. She was becoming a prey to her feelings. The more she looked at him, the more shattered she felt. 

The voice echoed again. "Or do it outside", it was more stern now. The person shifted and looked Anna straight into her eyes. She could feel the burning sensation of his gaze. His cold gaze aroused a lot of questions in her mind. "Why is he behaving like this? Has he recognized me or not? What are his intentions?" Her heart shattered into pieces and her tears turned into sobs.

"Ann, ssshhhh, Calm down baby." Alira got up from her seat and hugged Anna. She was clueless about what happened to Anna. 

"Can we behave like professionals here?"  the owner of the voice continued in his cold tone. 

Anna could not take it anymore. She got up from her seat and straight away ran outside. "Miss Anna-"Jack yelled but she didn't stop. 

Small bumps on her skin appeared bringing her back to her senses. Alira was guiding her to the Head's room. With a shaky voice, she asked  "Do you think he will scold me?"

This is definitely an uphill climb. Will Jack scold Anna? Or is he going to fire her on her very first day? Read the next chapter to find out. 

This is truly a heart-breaking day for Anna. What do you think? Do tell me your views in the comments.