Chapter 12- The one with the BACKSTORY-PART 2

"This is the place Ava booked for me. No one is supposed to be here except for me and Joel" Anna got agitated and stormed towards the hall. Her eyes popped out as soon as she saw the person who was crying. 

"What the! Why is Ava crying?" hunted expressions were all over her face. "Who is that man there?" she raised a brow suspiciously. 

"What the fudge! Joel!" Blood drained away from her face. Suddenly a thought jogged her mind and she hid behind the big wooden entrance door to understand what was going on.

"It will all be better, like it was. Don't do this, please Ava. I will talk to her." Joel pleaded while cupping Ava's face.

"You should be with her. That is the best thing for all of us" Ava sniffed and removed his hands from her face. 

"But I can't see you crying like this. Hell, I can't let you cry" Joel grabbed her hands.

"I am not crying. I am fine" she gaped and blinked to stop her tears from falling. "I must go. Anna must be reaching here anytime" she turned around to leave. 

"Ava wait!" He called out.

Ava stopped but didn't turn to face him. "Joel, don't tell anything to Anna. She isn't supposed to know any of this" she said and started walking away from Joel.

"Ava…" Joel called. 

"Oh no! She is coming here!" Anna stepped back and ran from there as she didn't want to be caught eavesdropping. Running, she came out of the venue and luckily a cab was dropping a passenger. Without thinking, she got into the cab and asked him to take her home. 

    ----------

"Hey Ann. You are back so soon. How come?" her mother was surprised to see her.

"Yeah" Anna mumbled. 

Her mother looked at her carefully. "Anna?" she spoke softly. 

Anna looked at her mother.

With just a glance, her mother figured out that something was troubling her. "Come here. My sweet little baby," she extended her arms. 

Anna walked up to her and wrapped her arms around her. Her mother gently rubbed her back which made a tear to roll down on Anna's cheek. 

"Your body is heating up Anna" her mom broke the hug and looked at her with concern. Scanning her face carefully, her mother tried to understand what was the matter. 

Anna was trying hard to keep a straight face in front of her mother. But a sob escaped from her mouth.

"Anna!" her mom uttered. She grabbed her hand and took her to the living room. 

"Sit here", her mother made her sit on the couch and went to the kitchen. She reappeared with a glass of water after a minute and handed it to Anna. Taking her seat beside her, she took Anna's hand in her's and patted it lightly, "Now tell me. What's wrong?" 

"_____" 

"Did you find a lost puppy on the street again?" she tried to read her daughter's eyes. 

Anna nodded her head, "He looked at me with his puppy eyes." 

"He was crying," Anna added.

"Aww, my little baby girl. You know your dad hates dogs otherwise, we would have allowed to keep it" she gently pressed her hand.

"Yes, mom" another sob escaped her mouth. 

"Don't cry baby" her mom hugged her tightly.

"It's your birthday Anna. We should celebrate it together. Shall we go and treat the little pup on your birthday?" 

"NO" Anna shrieked. 

"But why?" Her mother raised her brows in confusion.

"Because- It-" 

Her mother was waiting for the explanation. 

"Because it went away when I turned my back at him." 

"Oh!" 

Anna ducked her head as she felt bad for lying to her mother. 

"Don't be sad. Come, I made your favorite dish" her mother took her hand. 

"Mom" Anna called. 

"Yes baby" her mother turned to face her.  

"Nothing" Anna somehow managed to put on her straight face. 

Her mother lightly patted her on her head. "Come, I'll serve you." she went to the kitchen.

"Mom, I want to watch T.V. Can I take it back to my room?" Anna called out. 

"Sure, dear. Enjoy the way you like" she answered from the kitchen. 

"Thanks, mom"

Anna came to her room. Putting the food on her table she laid down on the bed. Her mind was being clouded by thoughts. 

'Why was Ava crying?'

'Was she forcing Joel to say yes to me today?'

'But why will she cry then?'

Suddenly a thought jogged her mind that shook her from within.

'Did she broke up with him? So that I can be with him?' A tear rolled down on her cheek.

'Is Joel in love with her?'

'He might be…'

'I mean why wouldn't he be' 

Finally, she allowed her tears to fall freely. 'Maybe they were in a relationship'

'He always looked at Ava with affection in his eyes'

'Both of them are comfortable with each other'

'I am the one who is coming in between' she buried her face in the pillow so that her mother could not listen to her sobs.

"I... I love Joel so much" her sobs were getting heavier. 

'Why?'

'Why did you do this Ava?' her heart ached.

She cried herself to sleep that night.

~

***Someone Screaming- ANNA~***

Anna jolted up from sleep.  "What was that?" She looked at the clock. It was 5:25 AM in the morning.

"Anna…"

"Anna, you come here quickly... your mom" her father yelled.

"Mom! What happened to mom!" Goosebumps appeared on her skin. She quickly jumped out of the bed and ran downstairs. Her mom was unconsciously lying in her father's arms who was trying to prevent her from falling down. 

"Mom!" she shrieked and rushed toward her. Taking her mother's hand in her hands she asked, "What happened, dad?"

"I have got her. You take the phone" he commanded.

"What?"

"Go take the phone Anna please..." A tear formed in the corner of his eye. 

Anna couldn't understand but did as she was told.

"He-hello?" she stuttered.

"Sir, can you please come here to collect the body?" The person on the other side of the phone spoke.

"Where? What body? Who are you?" she paused in perplexity.

"Ma'am I am speaking from S.t. Martin's hospital. I am Officer Mac and I am afraid to break it to you but we have a suicide case here. The body has been identified as Miss Ava Carmeil." the person answered.

"What!" Her eyes popped out.