Chapter 6- Would I be fired on my very first day?

Small bumps on her skin appeared bringing Anna back to her senses. Alira was guiding her to the Head's room. With a shaky voice, she asked "Do you think he will scold me?"

"Really Ann!" Alira turned to face Anna with agony in her eyes.

"You are so innocent Ann" she smiled. "C'Mon don't be afraid Ann, I have got your back" Alira comforted her. However, she still was scared. 

Ï don't want to lose this job. I really need it. I should apologize to him and focus on my work. I won't let my emotions overpower me." Anna was battling herself in her head.

They reached the Head's room and Alira knocked the door.

"Yeah. Alira, please come," Jack answered from inside. Both of them entered. Jack was working on his laptop. His expressions were quite intimidating. Anna slowly tilted her head to whisper something to Alira. 

"Why does he look so serious? Would I be expelled on my very first day?" a shiver ran down her spine. 

"For God's sake Ann, Stop overthinking," Alira whispered back. 

"I am sorry to keep you two waiting," Jack looked up at both of them.

"It's absolutely fine, Sir!" Alira smiled. 

"Please sit." he offered the chairs in front of him to both of them. 

"So here it is.." he hands a file to Anna.

"So quick! Do you keep the termination letters handy?" She bluntly said that and looked at him with raised brows. 

"What?!" Jack and Alira both responded simultaneously. Alira's eyes were enlarged while her expressions clearly showed how embarrassed she was. 

Convulsive giggles were heard. Alira and Anna, both turned and found Jack cracking up. His gums were at full display. Seeing him giggling, Alira also cracked up, filling the room with laughter. On the other side, Anna was still hoping that it wouldn't be her termination letter. 

"That was so good!" Jack said while trying to catch some air. "And no, it's not what you think it is. Rather it's the project you have to work on" he somehow managed to bring him back to his normal self. 

Anna's eyes went wide,"Project! for me?". Her jaw dropped to the floor. 

"Yeah. I guess that's what you are here for isn't it?" Jack looked at her with all seriousness. 

"Yeah. Actually- I didn't mean that- I Just.." Anna struggled to find the appropriate words. 

"It's totally fine Miss Anna. You don't need to be serious all the time. We all have fun while working. Just meet the deadlines on time and we are good." Jack said that in the most convincing and heart melting way.

Anna ducked her head and took a deep breath."That is very comforting. Thank you so much Sir". She raised her head and gave her prettiest smile. 

That automatically brought a smile on both Jack's and Alira's faces. Jack nodded to reassure what he said and continued, "The file has everything you'll need. So you can start working on this right away."

"Sure Sir" Anna spoke with enthusiasm. 

"Alira, you will be helping Anna, as it's her first project. And make sure she is comfortable here. From what I can gather-" His expressions softened. He looked at Anna and continued, "She is really sensitive and I mean that in all good sense." A small smile worked its way on his face. 

"Yeah. She definitely is " Alira said in agreement. 

"This guy isn't that bad" Anna thought and a smile formed on her face.

"Any doubts?" Jack asked.

"No sir" Anna shook her head.

"Great. Go and get the work done." he said and returned to his desktop.

Anna and Alira greeted him and got up from their chairs. Leaving the room, Anna closed the door to Jack's room. 

"Come Ann. I will take you to your desk which you are sharing with me now. Or should I say I am sharing my desk with you" Alira had a playful smile on her face.

Anna chuckled as she was glad that Alira forgot about whatever happened back in the meeting room and wasn't asking anything. Thanks to the Head for that.

"It's mine bae" Anna winked mischievously. 

"Go ahead and say whatever you want. Truth is, it's mine and I am sharing it with you" Alira had a satisfied smile working on her face. 

"Oh you really think so?" Anna folds her hands and stands in front of her.

"That's exactly how it is" Alira also fold her hands and stands firmly facing Anna.

"Do you want to fight over this?" Anna placed her hands on her waist.

"Try me" Alira stepped forward.

"You two in any mood to work?" Jack yelled from his room.

Anna and Alira looked at each other and in the very next moment, the two of them were found running in the whole office like kids. 

"Ouch! That hurts." Alira fell flat on the floor after she bumped into someone. 

"I am so sorry! Are you hurt?" Todd asks with concern and lends his hand to Alira.

"No, I am fine" she took the hand and got up. 

**Insane laughter sound** 

"What is so funny Ann?" Alira turned to her.

"You are." Anna replied, still laughing.

"Oh really?" Alira raised her brow and gave her the death glare. Suddenly Anna stopped laughing. "You are dead meat now..." Alira breathed out sharply. 

This made Todd crack up "So now we have a perfect pair of ten years olds in our office. Great way to keep everyone entertained" he said in between his squeal.

Both the ladies turned to him with strongly judging looks on their faces. 

Todd got the message and pulled out his poker face, "I think I should go. You two carry on, and also do some work. Take care" he greeted both of them and started walking outside the building while the two ladies were still quarreling. 

Todd came outside and saw Joel texting someone. 

"Good afternoon Sir!" Todd greeted him with a smile. 

"Good afternoon Todd" Joel replied back. 

"Sir-" Todd opened his mouth to say something.

***Phone ringing***

"Excuse me" Joel uttered and picked up the call.

"Hey.." he said joyfully.

 "So you have landed, that's great! I am coming to pick you up." 

"Okay. I am coming there to meet you." 

"See you soon. Bye" he disconnected the call and turned back to Todd.

"You were saying something. Is that urgent?" Joel asked sincerely.

"Oh no Sir, nothing of that sort" Todd smiled and answered.

"Great. I will see you tomorrow then" Joel smiled back.

"Sure sir. have a nice day!" Todd bowed.

"You too!" Joel got into his car.