Chapter 8- Happy Birthday Head!

"I am the reason for her pain."

"It all started with me."

"It's all my fault." A sob escaped his mouth.

"Joe, What is it that you are not telling me?" Adam asked with furrowed eyebrows, snapping Joel out from his lane of thoughts. Joel turned to face Adam who was standing to his left.

"Do you need any help Ad?" Joel avoided looking into his eyes.

"It's all over your face Joe. Anyone can tell that something is bothering you" Adam's eyes were filled with concern.

"I am tired. I should go and take a nap." Joel placed the beer bottle on the windowsill and left Adam in the kitchen. 

Adam opened his mouth to stop him but stopped himself from doing so. "I think I know what this is all about,"he murmured.

He grabbed the beer bottle on the windowsill and threw it in the waste box. He came to the dining room to play games on his phone while the food was being prepared.

As soon as he entered the dining room, he saw Joel's phone ringing. He picked up the call and put it on speaker.  "Yo!" He exclaimed.

"Adam?" the person on the other side asked in a high-pitched tone.

"Ahhhhhh... So fond of my voice Jack" Adam giggled.

"Definitely" Jack squealed. "When did you return by the way?" He continued.

"Just a few hours back. How are you Jack?"

"Great as always. What about you?"

"Yeah me too. Why did you call Joel though?"

"I just wanted to know if he'll be attending the meeting tomorrow or not."

"Is that urgent? He is probably asleep right now."

"No, it's fine. It can wait."

"Great. I will tell him that you called."

"That would be great. Thank you." Jack continued "Oh and.."

"Is there anything else?"

"Surely there is. Tonight, there is a get-together at my house."

"I see." Adam nodded his head. "Anything special?" He continued.

"Actually, Today is my birthday."

"Oh my!" Adam's eyes widened. He took the phone in his hand "Wish you a very  happy birthday Jack!" his eyes wrinkled and his lips curved into a smile.

"Thanks a lot, Adam", Jack answered. "I would be glad if both of you could make it to the party tonight." He continued.

"We would love to. We will be there for sure!" Adam answered firmly.

"Great! I will text you the address. See you two tonight then." Jack's happiness could easily be sensed through the phone.

"Surely!" Adam chuckled. "Goodbye Jack. See you tonight." Adam smiled.

"Goodbye Adam" Jack disconnected the call. Placing the phone's receiver back to its position, he heard a knock on his cabin's door. "Come in," Jack replied softly. His eyes went to the door to see who it was. "Please take a seat ladies." He smiled brightly.

Alira and Anna came inside and sat on the chairs.

"I hope you have understood what all is to be done in this project" Jack looked at Anna. 

"Yes Sir. I have read everything" Anna replied with confidence in her voice.

"Amazing. I want you to finalize the location first and then give me the report by the end of this week." Jack switched yo his bossy self.

"This week!" Anna's eyes shoot wide open.

"Any problem?" Jack raised his eyebrow and looked at Anna.

"Oh… no. Absolutely not. It was just a bit unexpected and nothing more than that," she replied nervously.

"Great then!" Jack returned to the file on his desk. "Oh and one more thing" he lifted his head.  His expressions softened, "Tonight there's a get-together at my place and I am inviting you both to the same."

"Ohh noo!" A sudden cry of strong emotion of disappointment grabbed the attention of Jack and Anna. With shocked expressions on their faces, Jack and Anna, both turned to Alira.

"I am so sorry Head. I totally forgot about it," Alira scratched the back of her head.  "Happy Birthday Dear Head!" Her face brightened up as she smiled.

"So it's your birthday party then!" Anna's lips curved to make a beautiful, heart-melting and innocent smile.

He chuckled, "Yeah it is and thank you Alira." Jack had a sweet smile on his face. "However, I would be happier if you two'll join us Tonight" he continued.

"We would love to join and we surely!" Alira's eyes sparkled with excitement.

"Great. See you tonight then" he smiled.

"Surely" Alira nodded.

       -----------------

Party Time~

Anna along with Alira reached Jack's house.

The wooden stairway was covered with a beautiful combination of white, purple and light-red gladiolus which were lit with tiny white LEDs. The main entrance had the perfect combination of red, white and yellow lights with orange tulips, red orchids and peach coloured roses. The entire place was filled with the fragrance of these flowers. It appeared as if a small door was fitted into a huge garden.

"Woahhhhhhhhh!!!" Both exclaimed simultaneously.

"It's so beautiful!" Anna couldn't take her eyes off of the place. "I am dying to go inside. Let's-" Anna's eyes went to Alira whose jaw was lying on the floor.

"My oh my!" she was completely smitten.

"What? You alright Ali?" Anna followed Alira's eyes to see what was the matter.