Chapter 11- The one with the BACKSTORY- PART 1

Anna breathed out sharply, trying to calm herself down, "I am sorry Ali". She went closer to her vanity table and took that pendant in her hands. Looking at it closely, she blinked away the drop of tear that was forming in her eye.

"Why?" she sniveled. 

"You should have at least talked to me" she pressed her eyes tightly while a tear rolled down her cheek. 

Without trying, the distressing memory came back to her to haunt her down once again. She recalled the day; the day which turned her world upside-down, the day she lost the support system of her life-her sister, Ava. 

~

"OH MY GOD!" Anna jolted up from sleep when her sister yelled out her name at the top of her voice. A chill ran down her spine as soon as her vision cleared and she looked at her room which was filled with pink and white balloons. 

"Happy Birthday Princess! Come on. Come out of the bed so that I can hug you before everyone else" Ava was standing by the edge of her bed with her arms extended. Anna crawled out of the bed like a three year old and let her sister hug her tightly. 

"Happy Birthday baby.." Ava cupped her cheeks before hugging her. Anna pressed her eyes to soak the warm, enthusiastic yet serene energy of her sister.

"Thank you so much sisi!" She crushed her with her arms. That made Ava giggle.  

"Aww baby, You know I am stronger than you.", Ava broke the hug and cupped her cheeks again. 

"Close your eyes Ann" Ava grinned. 

"Is there something else?" Anna eyed her with surprise.

"Okay fine. Don't do it." 

Ava instantly grabbed her hand, brought them forward and placed a small box in them. "Open it" she demanded. Anna quietly followed this time. 

"OH My!" A sudden gush of amusement ran through her. "This is exactly the one I wanted sisi" her mouth hanging low. 

"Oh and, not to brag about myself but, I want you to know that I booked the SPECIAL place for your SPECIAL day with your EXTRA SPECIAL  friend" she was pulling her leg.

Anna's eyes widened while her cheeks burned. Her face grew as red as a rose.

"What exactly do you mean Ava?" she enquired.

"I mean... that I asked him to join you today and…" Ava looked at Anna who was holding her breath. 

"He agreed!" She announced while jumping with joy. Anna's eyes went to their maximum size.

"This is the day you are gonna tell him everything!" Ava continued. She was too excited for her. 

Anna passed a small smile and sat on her bed. 

"Ann?" Ava uttered in a low tone. 

"____" 

"Ann look at me!" 

Anna looked at her with hunted expressions on her face.

"Why?" Anna uttered.  

"How could you-" 

"You should have asked me first before doing anything", dismayed; she shuddered from cold and fear and turned away from Ava. Her heart was heavily thumping in her chest.

"Come on Anna." Ava sat down besides her. Taking her hand in her's, she softly spoke, "I know you love him." 

"And you should admit it." 

She cupped her face with both of her hands and gently pulled up Anna's face. "And definitely tell him. He deserves to know" she stated.  

"What will he think of me? that I am using my birthday as an opportunity to compel him to love me! I can't do that" Anna pressed her eyes as she breathed out in dismay.

"Stop it Anna. Everything would be great. I assure you that." 

"How can you be so sure?" Anna got up from the bed.

"I am. Just believe me!" Ava followed her. 

Anna opened her mouth to say something. 

"Please don't spoil it Ann. Go and propose Joel" Ava interrupted her.

After what feels like an eternity. Ava finally convinced Anna to propose Joel.

"I will go and get ready then" Anna got up from the bed. 

"That's like my girl!" Ava grinned from eye-to-eye.

   ----------

It was ten past six in the evening. Anna  reached the place which Ava booked for her. Getting down from the cab, she adjusted her long, imperial blue gown. 

"Okay, you can do this! Calm down!" She was rehearsing the whole script she had in mind. With her chin held high, she strides inside the venue.

It was a huge, multistoried place, with quite a large number of private halls in it. The entire hallway was filled with the sweet fragrance of Lavender. But all this had no effect on Anna. She was lost in her own world.

"Joel I love you. You are-" she rehearsed for the 628th time. Undoubtedly, she wanted it to be perfect. Hence she was working hard for it. 

"Where is the hall?", she suddenly got reminded of finding the correct hall. She looked around for the instructions which will lead her to her destination.

"Ava is so extra sometimes" she grinned at the thought. "But I am loving it. She really is the best sister!" A sweet smile worked its way on her face. 

"I think that's the one" she looked at the hall which was a few meters away from her. "Ava really booked an entire hall just for the two of us!" Anna was thrilled. Taking a quick look at herself, she started walking to the hall. 

***Human Crying Sound***

Anna was stopped dead in her tracks. "Who is crying?", she turned around to look for the person.

***Crying intensifies*** 

"Who's this? And where?" her brows furrowed. She followed the source of the sound. It led her to her own destination.

"This!" her nose scrunched up.

"This is the place Ava booked for me. No one is supposed to be here except for me and Joel" Anna thought to herself.

"Who dared to spoil my day like this?" she got agitated. With anger boiling in her veins, she stepped forward towards the hall. 

Her eyes popped out as soon as she saw the person. 

"What the! Why is Ava crying?" hunted expressions were all over her face.

"Who is that man there?" she raised a brow suspiciously. She tip-toed to take a closer look at the man who was hugging her sister.

"Turn around. Who are you?" Anna struggled to look at the face of that man.

"What the fudge! Joel!" Blood drained away from her face.